Status
Not open for further replies.
AMAZING to me peeps who do this amount of mileage!
I do about 12K per year and still run a business.
I feel that is better than most riders, but I do bow in homage to those that can do THREE times my amount! :notworthy:

I think the Rocket will outlast me, especially since I share it with other bikes and I'm 74 years old. It looks like these bikes can go incredible miles without much problems. in my case I don't use it as daily transport only for fun so it probably won't ever get any true high mileage. The Boss Hoss only has 35000 miles on it since 2008. The V8 CHOPPER has only 7000 on it since 2008. I was just curious about what kind of miles these bikes could rack up reliably. I know the bike will outlast me.

I had 60000 miles on my 08 r3t when I traded that milage was for about 4 yrs replaced to decent spring and final drive and drive shaft

I put 128000k on my 05 standard. Replaced with a 14 Touring which now has 16000K. I am confident these big motors will run for a lot of miles.
jake my wife think your bike is the nicest she has seen in a long time I told her I was not changing period . she flew home from boston and I am on my way to spearfish and that was the plan anyway

jake my wife think your bike is the nicest she has seen in a long time I told her I was not changing period . she flew home from boston and I am on my way to spearfish and that was the plan anyway
I'll take that as a real complement. It was genuine pleasure to meet you both. Safe travelling

AMAZING to me peeps who do this amount of mileage!
I do about 12K per year and still run a business.
I feel that is better than most riders, but I do bow in homage to those that can do THREE times my amount! :notworthy:
ITS not a contest just enjoy yourself thats what counts

Note: I also DO NOT commute to work or ride daily around town.
Most all my miles are from multi-day road trips of 2500 miles or more.
Of course it's a contest! - Regardless of mileage all riders are motor aficionados,
but w
ho is a poser and who is a rider?
Life is a contest!

Last edited:
Note: I also DO NOT commute to work or ride daily around town.
Most all my miles are from multi-day road trips of 2500 miles or more.
Of course it's a contest! - Regardless of mileage all riders are motor aficionados,
but who is a poser and who is a rider?
Life is a contest!

With any luck I'll let you win and beat me to the finish line!!!! ;):D:roll::roll::roll::roll:

@LAS VEGAS DAVE my 2014 turned over 40K miles last night. I have had many electrical issues, replaced left bar cluster, water intrusion, battery cables now bad, corrosion, TPS replaced after a few weeks of owning it, GPS also, 6 fog lights burned out, 2 headlights, 2 tail lights one of which the whole assembly replaced due to water intrusion.
Mechanical stuff, stepper motor at 34K miles road grim, rebuild throttle body linkage at 36k miles road grim again.
It seems I have a Rocket built is some desert area of the UK where it never rains. Most of these high dollar issues are because I didn't do deep cleanings, only exterior wipe downs.
It now has a backfiring issue that hopefully will get rectified while I am here since smarter Rocket folks are with me now. Maybe teach an old dog a new trick or two as I do not want to get rid of the bike ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back