Hi, new to the r3

Hi,
thanks for the replies. No I haven't ridden one yet. I going to see if I can hunt one up here in Pensacola this week. If there is any advice that you are willing to share I would be thankful.

Torchie

Look up R3guy, baggage1 or Boogerdave and ask them if you can borrow a Rocket from them for a couple of days:D

Welcome from Utah, my first Rocket a 2005 came originally from D & D Cycles in Pensacola!
2400 Fernwood Street
Pensacola, FL 32505
P 850-456-0354
Closed on Monday
:confused:
Hope this helps, Ride it you will buy it. Nothing comes close, trust us on that one!!!!

Ops D&D is closed on Monday its still raining here anyway, guess I'll try on Tuesday.
The people on this forum are great and the advice that you have given me has been very helpful to me. I want to thank all of you.

Torchie

Welcome to the site from Northern Michigan.

I have an R3T 2013 and have put 30,000 miles on it since I got it in May of 2012. No problems, although I am on my third set of tires:D

I absolutely love it.

I'm nearing 20K (18.700) and have burned up two sets plus a third front tire.
I am finding that perhaps this Roadster wears fronts faster than the two to one ratio of other motors I owned.

Any others with comments? Experiences on tire wear?
1olbull

Tyre wear really depends on the way you ride. With so much torque you can easily rip through a rear by simply being slightly more aggressive with throttle. Easing off a little at take off can double your mileage. And with so much weight, spirited cornering can rip through a front pretty quick. On a long trip you'd likely get more from a rear than stop-start riding.

Went down to have my Triumph 800XC serviced. Wife didn't like the 800, saw the a 2013 Rocket Touring siting in the show room. Thought what the hell ill take it for a test ride (wife was not with me on the purchase of the 800). Wife still not with me, I go for a ride. Holly **** batman :eek::eek::eek:. I traded in my 800 and road the Rocket home. Figured I would spend a week or 2 in the dog house again. She loves it, now we are both happy happy happy!! So if you take one for a ride be prepared to buy one. Its the closest thing to a V-Max that we can both agree on lol.:D:D Have fun and keep the shinny side up regardless of what you buy.
I already have 3500 plus miles on mine. I ride daily to work, 6 miles, she likes to go out in the evenings and the weekends now lots of fun! Only had it a couple of mouths still grinning. The Harley guys are in awww of the best. Everyone who sees it so fare has loved the look, several guys are looking into trading there rides in on one. My salesman loves me I might even get a Christmas card from him lol.:bch:

Stop all this positive talk, I am still waiting on mine to be available from the dealership, it's driving me crazy! The wait is bad enough without all this talk of how good they are! :D

Stop all this positive talk, I am still waiting on mine to be available from the dealership, it's driving me crazy! The wait is bad enough without all this talk of how good they are! :D

kaivalagi,
When you DO take possession, be sure to remember that if the chubby lasts longer than 12 hours to go see your doctor! :eek:

BTW - What the hell kind of handle is - kaivalagi??? :D
Best Regards,
1olbull

Back