Hi, new to the r3

torchie

.060 Over
Ride
08 Classic and 1400 Intruder
Hi,
Just joined the site. I am thinking of buying a Triumph Rocket. Just not sure that its the bike for me maybe I can fined out more here? I have heard some negative things about this bike but it draws me in like a magnet. (performance/looks). I do have 10 years of riding experience. Hope to learn about the bike and the users here.

Thanks
Torchie

G'day Torchie, Welcome from Down Under Mate...
When you buy one, try to buy 2008 and up. These have most bugs ironed out.
If you buy a 2014 model - you will not be able to change the ECU tune (for now at least). :D

G'day and Welcome Torchie .. do you burn stuff :confused: if you've ridden a Rocket and you're still not sure if it's the right bike for you then perhaps it's not.

Welcome Torchie - I assume you work in 'insurance' ;)

Anyway.......ride it --> buy it, just like the rest of us :D

Go and get a demo ride in and make your own mind up with some time on it, it's the only way to be sure............that you'll definitely buy one!

Anyway.......ride it --> buy it, just like the rest of us :D

I hear that....I'm getting withdrawals waiting for my new bike to be delivered to the dealership...

Thanks

Hi,
thanks for the replies. No I haven't ridden one yet. I going to see if I can hunt one up here in Pensacola this week. If there is any advice that you are willing to share I would be thankful.

Torchie

torchie,
Welcome to the best forum to about all matters Triumph.
Short & sweet - many many years MC riding & 50 of them on the street.
If ya ain't able to sit astride a top notch sport bike anymore (age) or you just wish to be more comfy and carry a lot of "stuff", The Rocket is the ticket.

Had mine just over a year and am at 20,000 miles. NO PROBLEMS and I have forgotten my dealer's name! :confused: I sSure can't say that about my last few new (not Triumph) road motors. This R3R is most definitely a handful and not likely one for the inexperienced or timid rider.

Now, please tell us about your fire fettish . . .:eek:
Don't sell books - buy that sucker! :D
1olbull

Back