Hi, new to the r3

BTW - What the hell kind of handle is - kaivalagi??? :D
Fijian for foreigner, I lived there 4 years, I kinda got stuck there whilst travelling through :) I got married, had a kid and came home with a family...been UK bound since 2004 now, I have money but am missing the better non-western lifestyle...

So....

So I went to D & D Cycles tried to get them to let me ride one, but no luck. Went into the show room and their it was, the best looking bike I had ever seen. A black rocket It was something to see, perfect. The wife took one look and said (loudly) it's just too big, not the first time that I had heard that from her, wasn't true then but now? I slipped my leg over it and slid all the way forward on the seat, with just my toes touching the ground. I pulled the bike up off the stand with some effort, I had to stretch to reach the controls. Not good I was thinking f*** it, Ill find a way. I left D&D with large drop of disappointment riding with me. The wife (too my surprise) had contacted a member of this group and got him to let me drive his bike, an 08 classic. I had mixed emotions I wanted the Rocket even if it just did not fit me and if the ride went bad I knew that I would have to give up on the rocket. When we arrived He backed out this gorgeous 08. He showed me around the bike and went he felt that I would not kill myself, let me go. I go on and my feet hit the ground just right, well back in the seat, hands on the bars as comfortable as possible, perfect. I let out the clutch in first and the bike was magic. Over the last 6 weeks I have been looking at a lot of bikes The Rocket is THE ONE.

Torchie

Fijian for foreigner, I lived there 4 years, I kinda got stuck there whilst travelling through :) I got married, had a kid and came home with a family...been UK bound since 2004 now, I have money but am missing the better non-western lifestyle...

This is a cool story. How neat to have had the experience of living in Fiji.
I recently experienced the slower pace of those living in the south; although, surely not to the extent of Pacific islanders.

So I went to D & D Cycles tried to get them to let me ride one, but no luck. Went into the show room and their it was, the best looking bike I had ever seen. A black rocket It was something to see, perfect. The wife took one look and said (loudly) it's just too big, not the first time that I had heard that from her, wasn't true then but now? I slipped my leg over it and slid all the way forward on the seat, with just my toes touching the ground. I pulled the bike up off the stand with some effort, I had to stretch to reach the controls. Not good I was thinking f*** it, Ill find a way. I left D&D with large drop of disappointment riding with me. The wife (too my surprise) had contacted a member of this group and got him to let me drive his bike, an 08 classic. I had mixed emotions I wanted the Rocket even if it just did not fit me and if the ride went bad I knew that I would have to give up on the rocket. When we arrived He backed out this gorgeous 08. He showed me around the bike and went he felt that I would not kill myself, let me go. I go on and my feet hit the ground just right, well back in the seat, hands on the bars as comfortable as possible, perfect. I let out the clutch in first and the bike was magic. Over the last 6 weeks I have been looking at a lot of bikes The Rocket is THE ONE.

Torchie

Great result!! Kudos to your wife and the generous spirit a fellow R3'er

Once the rocket is under your skin no amount of scratching can relieve the itch ;)

Sounds like you'll be a Rocket owner soon enough!! Be careful with mamma though...I threw mine off the back once. Not one of the happier moments in our relationship :eek: But all's well that ends well (and her end has healed well :rolleyes:)! She now sports a Street Triple and I a solo saddle :D

Welcome from Germany (by way of Mississippi)!!

Welcome from Ohio,
I own a 07 Tourer, Figured out all the bugs. Best ride I have ever ridden. yes shes heavy but it a very low center of gravity. Not top heavy like the touring Harley and Jap bikes. I've own Suzukis, Hondas and Kaws. Nothing comes close to the Rocket.
buy an 09 and above all the bugs are worked out.
Ride and you'll buy it.
:D

Yes

Yes, I will be buying a ROCKET:D. I am in love with the 08 classic that I road and hope to be the owner of one soon, next few weeks. Since did not fit well with 13. I'm sure that other models are great I'm Still looking, only at ROCKETS:D. This forum has been a massive help. The people here have been great and I hope that I can contribute/help others, some day when I have learned more and I'm not such a newbie. :)

Torchie

Back