Hi, new to the r3

Welcome......test ride will tell all.........the only advice I can give a non R3 rider is.....respect, respect, respect :D
When you do test ride please be mindful of the enormous torque this bike has......do not whack the throttle at all......give your self time to get used to the take off first......took me about half a riding season to get comfortable with the way this bike handles....but after that!!!! look out!!!! its fun to experiment when you have some time in the saddle....good luck!!! :D

mutt

Welcome to the site from Northern Michigan.

I have an R3T 2013 and have put 30,000 miles on it since I got it in May of 2012. No problems, although I am on my third set of tires:D

I absolutely love it.

Just joined the club myself. I'm still brand new to the rocket, but come from the M109r/C109r and ZX14.

This thing is a totally different animal. HUGE TORQUE. No comparison to the M109r, which is a "torque monster". Umm, no. Not compared to this thing. Compared to the ZX14, this thing starts running out of breath after 80mph (compared to the ZX14, which just keeps on pulling and pulling and pulling till you are well over 140) But the torque on this thing is just insane, the trip from 0-60 can happen in 2nd gear, and probably on one wheel. (though I don't like the feeling when the front gets light, so I haven't tried that, and never will....)

I could have been satisfied with a lot less performance in a cruiser than this. But on the other hand, I am quite sure I will NEVER say I wish it had more power. And if I ever get that insane, the power can be doubled (Nuts. Where can you use all that power? It's already nutty up to 80mph+ and I don't need to go faster.)

Also this bike is less expensive than a lot of other options out there, and you get the crazy performance that nothing else out there save maybe the V-Max can touch. (not needed, and more expensive) Lot of bang for your buck in this bike compared to everything else out there. If power is first on your list of priorities, and you want it in a cruiser(ish) package, you're probably looking at the right bike.

Just my thoughts after one day on it. (and a few other bikes over the years.)

We......test ride will tell all.........the only advice I can give a non R3 rider is.....respect, respect, respect :D
When you do test ride please be mindful of the enormous torque this bike has......do not whack the throttle at all......give your self time to get used to the take off first......took me about half a riding season to get comfortable with the way this bike handles....but after that!!!! look out!!!! its fun to experiment when you have some time in the saddle....good luck!!! :D

mutt

This is sound advice! - there are pic's posted here somewhere by a recent newbie you binned an R3 on a test ride.

Torchie welcome mate take an r3 for a test ride you will either
love it or sh't your self:D
You stole words out of my mouth there Peter,
Your first test ride will tell you All, and A Hearty Welcome if you decide to Stay from one of the many Aussies on here

Test Drive and preconceived notions...

My first experience was a test drive on the Classic with the footboards. As I had also read all the scary reviews of this "monster" bike, I'll admit that my first test ride was scary. The footboards made it worse, as I had trouble finding the ground several times. Being a 40 year old with only one year of riding experience didn't help either.

My advice to anyone that is going on a test ride is to get the bike somewhere you can ride it long enough to get comfortable without having to stop and start repeatedly. Riding is intoxicating, getting used to the power and weight take a little getting used to.

I can imagine that there are people who test ride the R3 and end up with some lesser bike due to an inability to dismiss the fear caused by people who whine about the bike and have never ridden it and that it does take a little practice before you're whipping it around curves.

That being said...I wouldn't have any other bike.

MarvinM

Hey,

thanks for the information and the help, from so many of you. I had a test drive set up for today but it is raining dogs so, I'm waiting until Monday seems that its been raining for weeks here in the panhandle of fl. I have been reading as much as I can about the R3
and am starting to get amped over it. The wife is getting piss that its all I talk about to her any more. (She rides a Suzuki). :)

Looking forward to Monday
Torchie

Take my advice and do not buy a Rocket, they look and handle like s*it, the tyres only last about 400 miles and the engine has to be rebuilt every two thousand miles but the main reason is you live to bloody close to me:D after all I am the only rocket in the village:D
Where are you looking at D&D in Pensacola if you are they are good people and will treat you right.
OOPS just read your last post remember D&D cycles are closed on Mondays.

Back