Help with Triumph Tune

I gotta agree with Doug on this one. Just ease into it dude. Go with a K&N filter and have the dealer load whichever one of those tunes suits you best.

I would also suggest that you take several hours and read through the many great posts on this forum. And ask questions and conversate.

I gotta agree with Doug on this one. Just ease into it dude. Go with a K&N filter and have the dealer load whichever one of those tunes suits you best.

I would also suggest that you take several hours and read through the many great posts on this forum. And ask questions and conversate.

Cheeras peeps

Went with the 50 tune and K & N filter ect -

GOES LIKE FOOK :)

Cheeras peeps

Went with the 50 tune and K & N filter ect -

GOES LIKE FOOK :)

Nice to hear you're happy with it. Unless the bike doesn't run right or you want to get into serious racing, don't get sucked into performance mods. It's a bottomless pit.

Good to hear things worked out well for ya. I've done quite a bit of modding in the past year (both cosmetic and performance) and will chill a while, ride the bike, and enjoy things before departing back into Doug's bottomless pit of mods. :D

I need some info if possible.........I have Jars and stock filter..............can I just load the new TB tune for Jars? It does spec that it is for unifilters also..........but all I have now is the dealer 20149 tune........and a lotta decel popping. I have TB gathering dust because I need a couple of answers and Wayne is busy so.................?:)

I need some info if possible.........I have Jars and stock filter..............can I just load the new TB tune for Jars? It does spec that it is for unifilters also..........but all I have now is the dealer 20149 tune........and a lotta decel popping. I have TB gathering dust because I need a couple of answers and Wayne is busy so.................?:)

The Jardine/Unifilter tune should be too rich for your setup. Unfortunately, Wayne didn't do a tune with Jardines and standard filter.

If you have Tuneboy, try this tune:

http://www.r3owners.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=41&d=1155692504

It may not be ideal but it should be better than 20149. You could pretty easily install Unifilters, however one guy in OZ had them catch fire - others still use them.

Last edited:
Humble-- Doug is right on. That tune should help popping and is the closest to your set up. If you still have popping on decel let me know, I have a list of the cells adding fuel to will fix the issue.

thanks Pig9r.................I seem to remember there was a sticky about using Tuneboy...........or is that my faulty memory again?:eek:

Humble there are a few threads about using Tuneboy however most address issues that have been corrected with updates by Wayne. This thread has a few comman issues a new user might have (like needing to open a tune the first time Tunedit is opened) http://www.r3owners.net/showthread.php?t=314

I have found the Tuneboy manual to be the best at giving a general description about connecting, but if you have a specific questions/problems post 'em up and we'll give it a go.

Back