Help please - motor knocking sound in new-to-me '09 R3T

I thought my bike was making a bit more noise lately. Nothing serious but...more.
Thank you @Jeremy for asking this question. And thank you @warp9.9 for bringing this to light.

Checked mine and I'm at 19MM. There's still a good amount of tension on the spring but needs the slug.
So I'm 3MM past the renew point and after adding the slug will have six MM of adjustment left before needing to replace guides, chain ect. (Correct?)
At 33k miles and 3MM past; I hope I don't keep that amount of wear up. :(

@warp9.9
I'm pretty sure I've got a handle on how everything is supposed to go together & function. But, clarity is a good thing, so if you would; please tell me if I'm right or have something out of place.
Using your pic below.
The slug is going drop into the hole in the plunger (past the interior measured surface) and the spring goes into the hole too, resting on the slug.
To ensure there isn't already a slug installed you need to look for the tooling mark at the depth of the plunger. Seen only partially (the half moon) in the pic below?

Link Removed

Thanks to everyone for all the info! This forum is GREAT!

Scott
Its sounds to me like you have a good handle on her. Yes you need the slug. And youcan look in the hole and see if it has the plug or not. First in the picture above you can see a small black circle down in the bottom of the plunger. Smaller then the actual plunger inside diameter. It is a pre drill point under sized to remove material prior to the flat bottoming machine work for the spring to rest in. If the tensioner has a spacer/slung in it it will not have be thay drill point mark as the slug will block the view amd have a even machined flat surface . Hopefully my grenades have not screwed my spelling up or my ability to explain :) if you find you accidently stuffed a spacer in her and she already had one a pencil or rid with a dab of grease or beeswax will help you retrieve it. Do not be afraid to lean the bike over slowly it does help if grease does not work. Tensioner from my memory jas about 23 to 25 mm drop and ypu done without midifications.

Back