Help please - motor knocking sound in new-to-me '09 R3T

Jeremy

.060 Over
Ride
2009 Triumph Rocket 3 Touring
I have my 09 r3t and I am really annoyed at this knocking noise. I just bought it and not sure if this motor has this noise naturally or not. I took a video and it will not let me post. If someone would like me to email it to them and they can try to post it for help? I'm worried about it and may need to talk to the dealer asap if it's an issue. At idle I dont notice it much but raising the rpm its noticable and riding it's annoying. Would a tune do this?

K&n with stock box. D&d slip ons with baffles out.

Thanks

Not the paint can rattle. From what I hear, it sounds like injectors? Video is rather short, however...Maybe a longer video?

I can hear a faint tapping associated with throttle revs; not sure what to tell you on that. My engine has 50K miles now and I do not notice the tapping sound on mine. It sounds louder on the right side though. Do you have any smoke from your exhaust? I'm thinking the valves may be the culprit.

I can hear a faint tapping associated with throttle revs; not sure what to tell you on that. My engine has 50K miles now and I do not notice the tapping sound on mine. It sounds louder on the right side though. Do you have any smoke from your exhaust? I'm thinking the valves may be the culprit.

No smoke from exhaust at all.

No smoke from exhaust at all.
That good, but I think the valves may still be the origin of the tapping sound. Hopefully someone smarter than me can add more definitive knowledge to your situation.

Back