Help identifying 2006 version please!

Thank you again!

Thanks for all the excellent replies! So according to pics it's an early 2006, standard. So no 'de-tuned' engine, etc. Pretty well stock.

All that sounds good. This is a Triumph dealer that performed the '40k' mile service on it after they got it in.

It was originally listed at 6700, when I contacted my sales guy. Now they are showing 7999. Isn't that a little lame? The dealership is completely legit. I think the 6700 was perhaps an 'oops' of a posting. I'm going to do my best to hold them to it.

I really like the bike and am looking forward to joining the club :)

Mike

The guys are right, that's a standard for sure. In value-speak it was the least expensive version of the Rocket III available at that time ... "the Base Model".
But it's also the best version to get if you plan to personalize it and make performance modifications. My '08 Standard now looks more like a Classic with it's floor boards, windscreen and additional accessories.
If she was well cared for, you can't go wrong.

Hell Bent!

I'm in everyone!

Man I was nervous taking it for the test drive. Obviously never been on anything that massive. Other than slow maneuvering, as expected, I had no problems what so ever.

Even that, after just 20 minutes or so got better. I made it around in a cul-de-sac I found myself in. haha.

Regarding the price I got it for 7k, but it's a little hard to tell with all the dang fees, etc. :rolleyes: I tried to talk them out of some of them, but to no avail.

They did the 40k service. I checked on the oil and it's Mobil 1. They put new brake shoes on as well.

Some of the service had been done there, and from what they showed me it was either about brakes or tires.

I picked up a two year warranty. I'm kind of a sucker that way.

So, I'm in! '06 Standard :)

Holy Crap!

We all know that feeling of excitement. I was yelling "holy crap" all the way home when I picked mine up. Now for the real fun, and this is the place to get the advice you need. Prepare yourself for endless questions and comments everywhere you park. Welcome from Downunder.

I'm honestly surprised that you took the time to walk away from it long enough to post. lol
I fell asleep in the garage sitting in a lawn chair next to it the first night. I was having a difficult time coming to grips with the fact that she really belonged to me, and that it would still be there tomorrow.

Hard to wrap your head around actually owning something that big ain't it? Just remember that what you have now, isn't what you will have eventually. The way she sits, she's SLOW... compared to what just a simple GiPro (it doesn't even increase overall power) does to unleash the hidden 7% Triumph removed in gears 1-3 for safety reasons. Then there is the 30-40 additional rear wheel horsepower and torque you can easily have with some fairly standard modifications well covered on this website.

Congratulations on your new bike, enjoy it and stay safe. Take your time and get used to it before acting a fool in front of the ladies ... lol

I'm honestly surprised that you took the time to walk away from it long enough to post. lol
Congratulations on your new bike, enjoy it and stay safe. Take your time and get used to it before acting a fool in front of the ladies ... lol

Well, it's just being held right now. I'm shopping financing today and will likely take it home Saturday. So it was very hard leaving it at the dealership!

I intend to get into the soonest safety course, get comfortable with her as is before I even think about doing the mods you're talking about. That is all very intriguing though!

Believe it or not I'm a pretty cautious person, and don't plan on being too crazy. (for a while anyway)

Mike:
Welcome and congrats. Your post regarding 20 minutes to become accustomed to the Beast reminded us of a wise old biker who used to say "the difference between a 125cc bike and a 750 is about 15 minutes." This little axiom holds for the Beast, which is really quite easy to ride after a short orientation. Mind the throttle at first, however...

We trudge on.

Mike:
Welcome and congrats. Your post regarding 20 minutes to become accustomed to the Beast reminded us of a wise old biker who used to say "the difference between a 125cc bike and a 750 is about 15 minutes." This little axiom holds for the Beast, which is really quite easy to ride after a short orientation. Mind the throttle at first, however...

We trudge on.
I rode mine for the first time when I took her home. I bought and paid for it while she was still in the crate. My only test ride was on a Touring version, maybe that's why I keep adding accessories like floor boards, windscreens and bags. lol

Seriously though, I didn't find this site until after I had her for awhile and did very little in the way of "research" before buying. I had seen a photo of a Standard online when looking up rocket mishaps on google and youtube, I just knew I had to have one after that and here we are ... in for a penny, in for a pound. I have this site to blame for turning her into a Hyabusa killer from all the mods. lol

When you get her home and start looking her over closely, you are bound to have questions about it. Thank goodness that you have already found this site, if there is anything you might have a question about, this is the place to ask it.:)

Back