Helmets, shields, backrest, & accessories suggestions

alselec

.060 Over
Heard someone makes a real light helmet made of carbon fiber or something. Also would be nice if someone made a clear 3 snap flip-up helmet shield that wouldn't scratch so easy. I'd be willing to pay more for these.
Also, besides Corbin, does anyone make a driver backrest for the R3 that you can mount to the your stock seat like I have on my Classic R3. Without changing the whole seat.
Adjustable floor board/shifter/brake movable kit, another item that would be nice.

Some ideas to make a great riding bike even better..

Last edited:
Back Rest Idea

I went to Utopia for a backrest. You use (2) bolts that they supply to mount the bracket onto your pillion attached behind your seat. If you didn't have a pillion, I'd just mount it directly onto the rear fender. The holes are already there. It's adjustable forward or back with an adjustment screw behind the seat. It also folds forward for easier on and off.

Unfortunately it's not a quick release so you have to put the back rest on with a single long bolt and nut. Takes no more than a minute so I consider it a small price to pay for such comfort..........especially on long trips. For additional info click on the link below:

www.utpr.com

I've seen Pianoman's backrest as well as Vonbonds. I have one on back order with a build date of mid-November. Very popular Item.:cool:

Can't help you with the helmet, but would be surprised if you couldn't find one, if not here, then in the EU I would think. Try a google search if you haven't already.:)

I swear by the flip up 3/4 helmts by HJC, I have two. The cheaper DOT is the CL-33 and the more expensive Snell is the AC-3. Both face shields are optically perfect and stay upor down in a 100 MPH wind, better even than my Nolan N-42. The HJC's are very light as are the Nolans. Buy:

www.competitionaccessories.com

I like the Kuryakyn Iso-Wings as a mini floorboard. I have three pairs. One can ride all day in comfort yet retain the lean angle of pegs.

Elia' Nutcracken

BanjoBart said:
I like the Kuryakyn Iso-Wings as a mini floorboard. I have three pairs. One can ride all day in comfort yet retain the lean angle of pegs.

More junk from China....probably sold in every HD shop coast-to-coast.

You have three pairs, you have 6 feet.......you aren't biologically correct by any means.:eek:

Remember Elia' Nutcracken??

Back