I really want to have a full face helmet with a Snell 2015 rating.
Looking for a long oval shape, I ordered an XL Fly Revolt FS Patriot Helmet in Hi-Viz/Black.
(Even in Yellow & black like my bike)
Twas the least expensive Snell 2015 rated at just $134.00 USD out the door.
I am apprehensive of the quality for use as an every day lid; however, if it's a POS, I'll send it back to Revzilla and get a better quality full face in a long oval.
New Fly.jpg

Don't be afraid of the cost of a Pinlock insert. All helmets, no matter the coating will fog up or collect condensation on the inside in certain circumstances and no matter the claims otherwise. Pinlocks, when installed and cleaned properly "can" last multiple years in all circumstances fog free.

I say "can" last multiple years, as some here had no luck with them.

Ok, folks. Once I realized sportbiketrackgear is only 30 mins from my house :banghead: I went today and tried on helmets. Out of everything I tried, the Shoei Qwest felt, by far, the best. The bummer is that it is an older helmet. You can still buy them (and at a pretty reasonable price) but I wonder if they’ll discontinue accessories for them? I wish they would sell the transitions shield for them, but they don’t. The only complaint I hear is that they get foggy, so you need the Pinlock, which is extra. There is no drop down internal visor, so I don’t know what it would be like to have just a clear shield - can you wear sunglasses with it?!

I thought I’d remedy all these issues by moving up to the GT Air, but it doesn’t fit quite the same as the Qwest. Nor does the RT-1200. Upon further research, it seems the Qwest is a little unique. I’m looking to see if anything else out there fits like it, but no luck so far.

So, right now, that’s my best bet. Any thoughts or suggestions? Anyone else out there with a Qwest?!

I looked up the Shoei Qwest it looks like a really nice helmet. Revzilla has a good video on it, see link. Most helmets are designed for people wearing glasses so sun glasses should not be an issue. pinlock is worth the money. I find on my HJC on my R3T I leave the faceshield cracked most of the time for airflow and it works great with the screen on the bike. Shoei is a quality company so I would think accessories will be around for awhile or you could look at what they consider the upgraded version to be. Watch the review on Revzilla lot of great info.

Shoei Qwest Helmet - Solid - RevZilla

Back