Helmet mounted Video Cameras

I have two main requirements.
NO wind noise, you can't hear the Engine/Exhaust note with all the wind noise.
This is why I was thinking of a remote mic.

Two, being able to mount it on my helmet.
I'm keen on getting as close to real life riding as possible so think that if the camera is close to my eyes, you will see what I'm seeing when riding.
Initially I thought a box type unit like the GoPro may be too much drag on the side of my helmet, maybe, maybe not.
But surely there are small, bullet type camera's out there that would offer minimal drag.
Could try this Gopro Chin mount

Paul I am usually like a Japanese tourist as is my bike is covered in cameras, I also use the gopro I have two gopros 2 and one gopro three you can buy a remote which works with the 2or 3 series gopros,
Gopro is a common item and spare batteries are cheap and easily accessible on fleabay

I use a Sena Prism Tube. It is made to mount to a helmet. It comes with everything you need to get started.

There are a couple of issues I have had with it.

1. I place a piece of black electrical tape to keep it from turning when activating it.
2. My wife helps me level it once on the bike. Wish I could monitor it on my phone.

I got this camera to see if I wanted to get into vlogging. It works well for the price.

Things I will demand on my next camera.

real time monitoring.
able to take still pictures when not shooting videos.
Sena Prism Tube Camera - RevZilla

I have two main requirements.
NO wind noise, you can't hear the Engine/Exhaust note with all the wind noise.
This is why I was thinking of a remote mic.

Two, being able to mount it on my helmet.
I'm keen on getting as close to real life riding as possible so think that if the camera is close to my eyes, you will see what I'm seeing when riding.
Initially I thought a box type unit like the GoPro may be too much drag on the side of my helmet, maybe, maybe not.
But surely there are small, bullet type camera's out there that would offer minimal drag.

I used a GoPro 3 with external mic facing forward and a GoPro Session 4 facing backwards for some vlogs I did. The mic I ran into my helmet and attached next to the Senna mic so they picked up the same location. Essentially zero wind noise, just my voice and induction from the intake.

I noticed not considerable drag, maybe a touch more, but not bad at all from having the GoPro hanging off the side of my helmet.

Back