Helmet mounted Video Cameras

@Ishrub
I like the top mount; however, the Go Pro does nor mount with a standard camera screw.
Yes it does - just need the adapter.
DSCN4175.JPG

Nah Steve, it looks stock to me. The Dave Gill XL fly version ( 'Rocke's Patches' online store and eBay seller's ID 'Toyota6510' ) we have, has extended side wings at the top - notice this one curves in at top as the wings narrow.

Link Removed
Well I rode home on Monday with camera going now and again.

With the odd blip to 50% over the limit.
GoPro had a small shake but not noticeable on the screen.

Only wish I had it going when I blasted past a Harley. Guy on it kept pacing me for the next 65 ks.

Got to a town at the Stop light he pulls up next to me and said he was wondering what went blasting past as he had know idea what the heck had past him.

Took him a while to figure out my plate RKTO3 said. I said I needed gas so we pulled in I got gas had a chat and hooned from Ashburton to Christchurch.

Looks like a pricey piece of professional videography kit, tal. Cost???
Tienda Microgimbal -

Eeesa espaneesh shup.

I do not have one - but I have seem them on local bikes. imo it is not a "Fit and Forget" thing. It's for a "Today we take Video" session.

imo One of the HUGE benefits of Bullet Cams over the box cams is that bike mounting is easy to do well and strong using cushioned P clamps. I use wide Stainless strap clamps.

Last edited:
Methinks that the top of the flyscreen is almost at the optimal height to give a real world, rider's eyeball point of view as it sits just below a rider's line of sight at speed. When you look at phar2slo's mount he has compensated for that slight discrepancy, although I'd be a little concerned about that camera location obscuring my line of sight just ahead for about 10-30 feet. But, realistically who the heck is looking down there at any significant speed?

Hi Phil.
At 6 foot and I tend to sit very upright.
I did a 590 kms ride home on Monday camera did not upset my view of the road.

Even when I got sick of the wind noise and tucked down behind the screen did not notice the camera.

Will look to post some footage on the weekend.

Back