R-III-R Turbo

Mine is the biggest :)
Ride
2472cc Supercharged Carpenter Rocket III Stroker
ok so apparently there are 2 kits of triumph heated grips for the rocket, A9638009 and A9638027.
A9638009 appears to be an earlier kit, has a 2 position switch.
Can't get any decent info on A9638027. But apparently there's a "touring" heated grip kit that has a dial for the heat and the controls fit in nicer.

Anyone able to shed a little light?

I have the Touring grips and wouldn't recommend them. The plastic piece that holds the throttle cable broke and left me stranded. Since then I have heard of at least three others who have had the same thing happen. I got a replacement, but have not installed it. I now have a heated grip, not a set of heated grips.

I have the Touring grips and wouldn't recommend them. The plastic piece that holds the throttle cable broke and left me stranded. Since then I have heard of at least three others who have had the same thing happen. I got a replacement, but have not installed it. I now have a heated grip, not a set of heated grips.

+1 im getting my second one which is under warrenty again but it is on back order if i was going to buy heated grips again for my r3t i would be looking at the aftermarket version

I'm probably more likely to go the way of Gerbing heated gloves and jacket liner. as the back of your hands are warm then as well as your body core which determines peripheral circulation

Last edited:
I posted a few weeks ago about issues I had with the dial version of the heated grips. I got stranded twice! I removed and replaced with the OEM grip and just received another spare OEM grip. The dealer has my warranty replaced heated grip and I doubt they will ever be installing it! Stay away from it.

Laser beams.

Couldve done with those the other day at 16:30 Sunday when I hit ice on my road at 40kph prompting a wild fishtailing ,tank slapping affair! Then I slowed to a slow walking pace on the next section of iced road and the front end slip out and I dropped the bike on the predators side!:shock: Luckily no damage except to the footpeg rail with a few scratches....Phew!You couldnt even stand easily on the road it ws that bad.A local chap came to my aid and fell on his arse.Tried to lift the bike on my own and the front end just slid along the ice.Never seen these road conditions ere in the 16 years I have lived in the neighbourhood.

Back