Headlight Cut UNTIL start

:banghead: Dooohhhhh!!!
Edit (HUGE gotcha!) - Sorry guys - that delay using just one relay (the posts immediately preceding) won't work ........ there is no problem with the delay and then turning on, the problem is it won't turn off, once the second relay is latched, since the initial power is coming from constant source.
So think it would still require another relay I'm afraid as per the original schemes at beginning of thread .............

Last edited:
... Until the alternator charges the light stays off.

Kawasaki uses a system that detects the stator generating pulses to latch an enable relay - I have also done design (well copied theirs :whitstling: ) but I'm not sure it won't still require that extra relay (that was the point of the latest exercise today, to attempt a SIMPLE change without adding any addition relays) - have to dig it out and check how it would interplay with the Roaster.
A small voltage comparator circuit with a 13V threshold would also be a possibility but probably beyond most DIY (but maybe not for some)

Kawasaki uses a system that detects the stator generating pulses to latch an enable relay - I have also done design (well copied theirs :whitstling: )
Guzzi does something similar, and on the Stelvio it fails A LOT. I did use a split charge relay (25amp relays on board) to switch the lights when I had the original 8630's as they do not like to be run under 13V - but it was a bit unsightly under the seat. - The adaptive are more voltage tolerant.

SCR's are generally made for CARAVAN owners. So never complicated.

Whilst I have your attention - what do you think of these TechnoVersions - MeterMatch for Analog Gauge Correction
Been umming and Ahrring about getting one - To play with.
Seen any others? - I know Jon@digitalspeedos had one but no stock and not as variable.

Back