HD needs to revive the VRod ENGINE and put it in a performance frame. That would be a good place to start.

You are correct.

I think the VRod and that engine was heading in the right direction. I also think the 500 and 750 are forward thinking. Not yet where they need to be, but heading the the right direction.

The old time riders need to get behind some of this technology an support it. They don't have to ride it.

If not H-D is in for a long road.

You are correct.

I think the VRod and that engine was heading in the right direction. I also think the 500 and 750 are forward thinking. Not yet where they need to be, but heading the the right direction.

The old time riders need to get behind some of this technology an support it. They don't have to ride it.

If not H-D is in for a long road.

Or a short one

Just take a look around you Harley's and Rock and Roll are being replaced with Rice Rockets and Rap music.....:roll:
I want a bike like that!!! I’m not sure how this guy walks and breathes at the same time.... showed the clip to my wife, and she reassure me that he might grow into the jacket one day...

In my opinion, Harley has already went to a different style/design. In the old days, (I'm 68) Harley only had the simple, old v_twin design, air cooled, and many parts were inter-changeable. Engine designs ran for years at a time. Flat head, pan head, knuckle head, EVO. Now in the last couple years, they have tried water cooled heads, completely different engines than the old days, and nothing interchangeable with earlier models. I agree with the V-Rod idea. It didn't sell well when it came out, but might just work with today's crowd. And yes, I own 2 Sportsters, a 2006 and a 2004, both 1200cc EVO's, and all parts the same.

In my opinion, Harley has already went to a different style/design. In the old days, (I'm 68) Harley only had the simple, old v_twin design, air cooled, and many parts were inter-changeable. Engine designs ran for years at a time. Flat head, pan head, knuckle head, EVO. Now in the last couple years, they have tried water cooled heads, completely different engines than the old days, and nothing interchangeable with earlier models. I agree with the V-Rod idea. It didn't sell well when it came out, but might just work with today's crowd. And yes, I own 2 Sportsters, a 2006 and a 2004, both 1200cc EVO's, and all parts the same.

The Sportster is a fun narrow able bike. As long as you keep rebuilding the motor they last fevers. :laugh:

And only 300,000 Rupees. What a deal.

The Enfields are a bit junky IMHO. With Triumph breaking into the Indian market though, quality should improve.

Harley had to change recently to meet EPA standards while keeping the same engine format. I rest rode a 2018 Heritage Softail 114 a month or so ago and very much liked it. It's a completely different frame with a mono-shock under the seat instead of those miserable steel rod like twin shocks under the frame like the old ones. That 114 engine steps right out and it handled nicely.

The salesman confirmed that any modification, aside from a Screamin' Eagle exhaust, will void the warranty. That's probably universal now though.

Harley is becoming a victim of it's own creation, the bad guy image. A wealthy Roxex Ranger could plunk down $28k for a bad ass looking bike, overspend on Harley clothes, get himself a doo rag and maybe a tat or two and wallah; another rogue bad boy is born, complete with accessories.

I like these old Harley riders. I think I posted this pic previously, my WW II veteran neighbor riding his old 61 CI knucklehead on gumbo mud roads to the Helton Ranch in Lenore, ID. He and his cousin Herb were hired to to drive almost a 1000 head of 3 year old steers over the pass to the railhead in Montana.

Now Chuck was a real Harley rider.

Chuck & 1936 Harley.jpg

Back of Pic
Chuck & 1936 HD back.jpg

That's a great pic Navigator. Very few left like your friend Chuck. Too many HD riders now are RUBs or wannabes.

Place the VRod motor in a Buell.

That was the original plan when HD had Porsche design the VRod engine. The sad part is HD like the engine so much they decided to keep it for themselves and create the VRod bike. Bad choice. You are right, they should have let Buell have it as originally planned.

And only 300,000 Rupees. What a deal.

The Enfields are a bit junky IMHO. With Triumph breaking into the Indian market though, quality should improve.

Harley had to change recently to meet EPA standards while keeping the same engine format. I rest rode a 2018 Heritage Softail 114 a month or so ago and very much liked it. It's a completely different frame with a mono-shock under the seat instead of those miserable steel rod like twin shocks under the frame like the old ones. That 114 engine steps right out and it handled nicely.

The salesman confirmed that any modification, aside from a Screamin' Eagle exhaust, will void the warranty. That's probably universal now though.

Harley is becoming a victim of it's own creation, the bad guy image. A wealthy Roxex Ranger could plunk down $28k for a bad ass looking bike, overspend on Harley clothes, get himself a doo rag and maybe a tat or two and wallah; another rogue bad boy is born, complete with accessories.

I like these old Harley riders. I think I posted this pic previously, my WW II veteran neighbor riding his old 61 CI knucklehead on gumbo mud roads to the Helton Ranch in Lenore, ID. He and his cousin Herb were hired to to drive almost a 1000 head of 3 year old steers over the pass to the railhead in Montana.

Now Chuck was a real Harley rider.

Chuck & 1936 Harley.jpg

Back of Pic
Chuck & 1936 HD back.jpg
Theres a man who knows how to pack and load a motorcycle. Never say never is my motto too!

Even caters for pillions! ;):D

Back