Theres a man who knows how to pack and load a motorcycle. Never say never is my motto too!

Even caters for pillions! ;):D

The first time I rode cross country after my Navy retirement was on my 07 Rocket Classic. I posted some pics on one of the web sites and a Brit member asked me if I had left enough room for the kitchen sink. I was a bit overloaded, not getting into half the stuff I was carrying.

On my old friend Chuck, he was in the Battle of the Bulge and is quite the guy. He rode all over the US and Canada after getting a job at the Navy shipyard here in 1953. He's in his mid 90s now and we all worry about hit health, having breakfast with him about once a week. Chuck is he most senior member of my riders group, the Veterans of Foreign Wars.

Chuck will occasionally try to catch me on a place he's ridden and I might not. A couple of years ago over breakfast he asked me if I'd ever been to Woodpecker, BC, where he met his now deceased wife Doris. It turns out I'd ridden through there a couple of weeks previously. That reminds me; I'm going to have to ride up there again next summer.

Last edited:
Back