Have no Idea What I Bought

Stock filter is in a box under the seat with good bit of plenum to get air to the intake. You can get a K&N for the stock plumbing, but I wouldn't worry about the increased air flow with those.
If your air filter is under the bear claw, then you have a real upgraded air kit.

A $20 cable and tuneecu for free will give you the ability to read the tune as well as upload your own. You can alter the fan on temp for the radiator, correct the error in the speedometer and get other information for maintenance issues.

Search the forum for lonelec cable and Tuneecu.

Stock filter is in a box under the seat with good bit of plenum to get air to the intake. You can get a K&N for the stock plumbing, but I wouldn't worry about the increased air flow with those.
If your air filter is under the bear claw, then you have a real upgraded air kit.

A $20 cable and tuneecu for free will give you the ability to read the tune as well as upload your own. You can alter the fan on temp for the radiator, correct the error in the speedometer and get other information for maintenance issues.

Search the forum for lonelec cable and Tuneecu.
As soon as I get these bags off I’ll get into the air box. So is it a consensus of opinion here that you need the filters under the bear claw to truly have a significant high flow improvement? I should start a new thread to ask members about the different possibilities.

Placing the air filter under the bear claw will gain an increase so long as you have the tune to go with it. Available from Hanso.

A lot of guys end up installing the RamAir filter made exclusively for the Rocket. It allows you to remove all the intake ducting which also frees up the area directly above the engine for easy access to plugs, wires etc and allows you to turn your old air filter housing into a tool box.....

Once you get everything sorted use Tuneecu to get her tuned up. I bet you will be surprised on how much better she will run with a tune from Hanso.

Hanso is a member on here just in case you didn't know.

Overview

If you get some Easy Brackets to install and remove your panniers in a minute or two, the quick release bobbins stay on the bike and you will not need to buy shorter stock bolts.

Make sure to use stainless steel bolts throughout the install and keep clearance from the right pipe on the bottom of the bag. A mod to keep the original set up mounted on Ezzy Brakets has been shown here. I would like to make that mod since I rarely use the bags.

Placing the air filter under the bear claw will gain an increase so long as you have the tune to go with it. Available from Hanso.

A lot of guys end up installing the RamAir filter made exclusively for the Rocket. It allows you to remove all the intake ducting which also frees up the area directly above the engine for easy access to plugs, wires etc and allows you to turn your old air filter housing into a tool box.....
Who makes the RamAir?

You will receive it faster if you order from ebay than if you order direct from Ram Air - Dunno why............................

You will receive it faster if you order from ebay than if you order direct from Ram Air - Dunno why............................

Estimated delivery Dec 20-Jan 2, which is reasonable. In fact I just got an note from ebay that it's been shipped already. Pretty good.

Back