Have no Idea What I Bought

Dr.D

Octane Boost
Ride
Indians and the R3 2014 Roadster + TFC
You all may have seen I recently bought a 2014 used R3 Roadster. While taking off the saddlebags I discovered I need shorter bolts to hold the thing together, oh well that’s not the issue. During the pipe polishing I noticed the holes in the muffler looked big. I measured and found them to be two inches. I may have the TORs pipes already? So now I need to find out if I have stock flow filters or not. Who knows if there is a flash in there or not? How do they find out?

I see front crash bars, saddlebags and a passenger backrest and rack but don’t know what else about this bike is not stock. Can anyone tell me what the diameter of the TOR pipe hole is?

Look on the outside of the pipe. It will say for offload use only somewhere if they are TORs

you have the tors...look underneath the bike where both mufflers are connected. Do you see an uncomplicated system hooking them to one another or do you see a heavy boxy type system?...If its the 1st you may have the decat crossover system which is what you want. The other is factory which is heavy and restrictive.

Picking you have the tors
Just measured mine, 2"
Would think you would have the TOR's tune also already installed
Makes sense if the other guy did things the correct way. I’m afraid I’ve seen quite a few bike owners do stupid stuff with bikes. Harley owners are well known for putting on free flowing pipes and not modifying the tune. My dealer is trying to get in touch with the previous owner for more information.

Ok so you got tors great. And yes there are different bolts when you install the paniers. If you bougjt it off a private person call him he might just have them.

If you get some Easy Brackets to install and remove your panniers in a minute or two, the quick release bobbins stay on the bike and you will not need to buy shorter stock bolts.

If you get some Easy Brackets to install and remove your panniers in a minute or two, the quick release bobbins stay on the bike and you will not need to buy shorter stock bolts.
Probably won't work on the oem paniers unless you can mount the brackets to the oen panier frame. There just not the right bags for quick removal.

Probably won't work on the oem paniers unless you can mount the brackets to the oen panier frame. There just not the right bags for quick removal.

Yeah that is what I did, but if you drill new holes in your leather panniers and the inner backing/support plate you can do without the stock frames using Easy Brackets, probably best with alloy backing plates for strength. Unfortunately I like my pannier chrome cage rails and the only way they fit is onto the stock frames. Hence my panniers stick out further than the rear dresser bars.:(
I have some hard bags being painted to which I will fit @Mittzy 's stainless quick release brackets.

Yeah that is what I did, but if you drill new holes in your leather panniers and the inner backing/support plate you can do without the stock frames using Easy Brackets, probably best with alloy backing plates for strength. Unfortunately I like my pannier chrome cage rails and the only way they fit is onto the stock frames. Hence my panniers stick out further than the rear dresser bars.:(
I have some hard bags being painted to which I will fit @Mittzy 's stainless quick release brackets.

That's always been what I wonder about the Triumph Panniers and EZ brackets. They would shake while riding, bend and act loose placing items into and out of the panniers. They have to use the brackets or they are loose???

I like having my panniers on there but would like to have them off and on in a quick fashion sometimes.

Been thinking about using super long bolts in which I can just reach inside the pannier, loosen the bolt , and the pannier and bracket would all come off at once. Don't know how aggravating it would be to install or remove however.

Wouldn't be as quick and easy as using EZ brackets however but a shade bit quicker I assume.

Back