I was pretty unhappy when I first got on my Touring but with the Rivco 2-inch risers it settled perfectly for me. You can even angle the bars down so you get a nice, straight wrist position, which is crucial for me. 1 inch up goes away when you do that, but you still get 2 inches back, very relaxed and comfortable for long rides, IMHO.

The images of the taller bars up here look bad to me, because the wrists are too horizontal and cocked outwards, this isn't ideal.

2 inch risers can be put on with stock cables, have to reroute the clutch outside the triple tree. Anything over that and you're looking at a custom set.

I hated the bent wrists with my stock Touring bars, I put Classic bars with Rivco risers on and love them. Think I had to make new brake line, Spiegler, rest worked by rerouting behind bars.

Hi Munster, hope you are well, have had some experience with changing bars, my mate did his R3T also, cost a small fortune, only pic attached. I rode this bike with these bars and they were perfect almost worth the price he paid. Sadly he sold the bike recently, I had my eye on it to breed with my one;).

On my bike have 2" Rivco risers and 14" bars, still with stock wiring but pretty close to limit, mines not a Touring tho. Still needed cables and brake lines. Melbar Cables in Lower Hutt made the clutch and throttle cables, good service. The wiring I though would need to be cut and joined so I made a list of all the pugs and connections planning to make extension leads for the wiring, this was a bad idea as the plugs are bulky, if I ever need to change them again I'll cut, solder and re-wrap.

Call if you want to chat about it.

Weekend run to Reparoa 10-0215 0001.jpg

Hi Munster, hope you are well, have had some experience with changing bars, my mate did his R3T also, cost a small fortune, only pic attached. I rode this bike with these bars and they were perfect almost worth the price he paid. Sadly he sold the bike recently, I had my eye on it to breed with my one;).

On my bike have 2" Rivco risers and 14" bars, still with stock wiring but pretty close to limit, mines not a Touring tho. Still needed cables and brake lines. Melbar Cables in Lower Hutt made the clutch and throttle cables, good service. The wiring I though would need to be cut and joined so I made a list of all the pugs and connections planning to make extension leads for the wiring, this was a bad idea as the plugs are bulky, if I ever need to change them again I'll cut, solder and re-wrap.

Call if you want to chat about it.

Weekend run to Reparoa 10-0215 0001.jpg
What bars did he use @sleeves ?

I’ve got a certified welder / engineer here at work. We’re gonna have a crack at some bars as he wants to make some new ones for his Harley as well. I’ll let y’all know how we get on.

I’ve got a certified welder / engineer here at work. We’re gonna have a crack at some bars as he wants to make some new ones for his Harley as well. I’ll let y’all know how we get on.

Very interested in this endeavor!

He had the bars custom bent up, whole thing set him back NZ$2,500.00 from memory, the bars were 1.1/4" too and stepped at relevant points. Much better than my bars.
ZOIKS! I believe I could get Paughco to bend a set much cheaper than that. It's too bad he sold it.

Yeah was a bike shop just wheeled it in, wheeled it out and paid, included cables wiring etc too plus bikeshop massive margin. I didnt know he was selling it until a pile of parts ended up on my doorstep he didn't sell with the bike:(. My plan was to buy it, put it in the shed and store it, then sell it back to him for the same price 6 months later when he realized his mistake. If he still didn't want it start using it.

Back