munster

.060 Over
Ride
2012 Triumph Rocket III Touring
Morning Crew,

I've had my Touring for 6 months now. Hated the bars when I bought it, but loosened the clamps, played around and got them to a position I could live with. I've tried to like them, but it's just not working out for me. The pull back and curved wrists are uncomfortable. So I'm looking at high drag bars.

I've tried a search, but haven't found the one question I would like answered.

How high can I go with the stock cables?

Appreciate your responses.

Cheers
Munster

4D2120C0-B723-4E37-981E-7B33C12ABAA6.jpeg
Morning Crew,

I've had my Touring for 6 months now. Hated the bars when I bought it, but loosened the clamps, played around and got them to a position I could live with. I've tried to like them, but it's just not working out for me. The pull back and curved wrists are uncomfortable. So I'm looking at high drag bars.

I've tried a search, but haven't found the one question I would like answered.

How high can I go with the stock cables?

Appreciate your responses.

Cheers
Munster

Did someone mention bars :)

ANY 1" BARS WILL WORK. If you need more rise etc than you have to change cables - no big deal imo.

Whilst NOT directly suggesting you do this - I was impressed with the dimensions diagrams proffered by Khromewerks.

Found a set of bars that approximated to my needs - the Sweeper 2+2 Wide. Added some internal bar-end weights. 2" longer each end.

Standard (2009 R3) cables too short. R3T throttles were ideal and ordered some 4" over clutch cables.

Custom cables are cheap.

ANY 1" BARS WILL WORK. If you need more rise etc than you have to change cables - no big deal imo.

Whilst NOT directly suggesting you do this - I was impressed with the dimensions diagrams proffered by Khromewerks.

Found a set of bars that approximated to my needs - the Sweeper 2+2 Wide. Added some internal bar-end weights. 2" longer each end.

Standard (2009 R3) cables too short. R3T throttles were ideal and ordered some 4" over clutch cables.

Custom cables are cheap.

I agree on the Khromewerks. Their .com site provides very good dimensions and diagrams. When I was looking for new bars for my HD Road King, their site was very helpful. However, I found that the dealers and distributors that sell the Khromewerks products had dimensions that were not always accurate. For me, I decided it's best to go directly to the manufacturers site for dimensions AND part number, then go to the distributor/seller site to buy. I do that for most every part I buy on line ;)

Back