Halo style headlight

Just bought these new for 2016 Daymaker knock-offs. Osram LED chips, built in canbus, plug and play, 4000/2800 hi/lo lumens. Took five mins each to install cram ming connections in with a little brute force! Love 'em albeit one night. So much brighter, good spread, look great (chose black), and $69 apiece! They arent adaptime but 20160702_093125.jpg spread is better with this new model. Hi beam turns all 9 leds on. Says 50k hours...we shall see. Will update if any issues
Here's where I bought them:

www.amazon.com/dp/B01HNMI1BM/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_6A7DxbN0BERXC

Wilk, do have any specific information on these lights--like brand or serial number so I can check into it?

As you can probably tell I am still looking at headlights. Don't think I can afford the adaptive but is the (JW Speaker)8690 A a plug n play? or do I have to make any changes to wiring or anything? Do you know anything about the day maker headlights?

Have not installed mine as yet because I intend to do some testing of my Daymakers before I switch.
My motor is currently down for some mods/repairs and I be waiting on delivery of a new battery.
The Daymakers fit great, and only required a little finesse with the wiring.
Were it me, I would look to a set of the 8630s over the Chinese copies. They are a proven LED.
Eagle has LEDs for $159 ea that they call Daymaker, but I am suspicious they are NOT made by JW Speaker.

Just bought these new for 2016 Daymaker knock-offs. Osram LED chips, built in canbus, plug and play, 4000/2800 hi/lo lumens. Took five mins each to install cram ming connections in with a little brute force! Love 'em albeit one night. So much brighter, good spread, look great (chose black), and $69 apiece! They arent adaptime but 20160702_093125.jpg spread is better with this new model. Hi beam turns all 9 leds on. Says 50k hours...we shall see. Will update if any issues
I just bought legit daymakers and I have to serious modding (5+ hours on the one already with hacksaw/dremel and cutting wheel.) to get them to fit in my headlight buckets. I guess they changed the bucket shape for the 2015 rocket x?

What are you modding - the inner locator ring tabs and slots?
The heat sink on the back. The "butterfly" clip holding the bucket on is preventing the light from seating properly. The locator ring makes the situation even worse so I'm eliminating it completely.

I just bought legit daymakers and I have to serious modding (5+ hours on the one already with hacksaw/dremel and cutting wheel.) to get them to fit in my headlight buckets. I guess they changed the bucket shape for the 2015 rocket x?

That there sucks!
Did you actually purchase them from an real Harley shop?
I know for sure there are copies out there that refer to themselves as "Harley Daymaker style" that are bogus and NOT made by JW Speaker.

My Daymakers fit into the Triumph cans fine (2012 R3R) did require some fussing with stacking in the wiring.
They be great lights (best I have ever had) and I'm pretty sure you'll find all your effort worthwhile!
Keep up the faith! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I have a '12 R3R and bought knock-offs. Osram LED with 4000/2800 lumens hi/lo beams. You can get them for $70 a piece on ebay. Love mine and were plug and play with a little cramming. So much brighter....will let you know if they dont last....say 30,000 hours. At 25% the cost I figured it was worth the gamble.

I have done it, takes all of 15 minutes, couple cuts, couple crimps, screw back together.. done. lol.

HUGE upgrade vs stock headlights, this picture is lights off halos turned on:\

IMG_20160427_105146.jpg

Any way you can help me out with the halo wires. Where do they go?

Back