2020 Rocket 3 GT indicator swap for 2021 style

RebelHawk

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket 3 GT
While in my local shop last week I noticed on an in stock 2021 Rocket 3R that the front and rear indicators have changed. They went from the previous round multifunction LEDs to a much smaller triangle shaped LED. I went back this weekend and placed an order for a set for both front and rear, about $250 USD. Has anyone been down the road swapping them out? Any issues if so? I'm not holding by breath on how long it will take to get them delivered but I guessed I had better get them ordered if I want them to show up for next riding season.

While in my local shop last week I noticed on an in stock 2021 Rocket 3R that the front and rear indicators have changed. They went from the previous round multifunction LEDs to a much smaller triangle shaped LED. I went back this weekend and placed an order for a set for both front and rear, about $250 USD. Has anyone been down the road swapping them out? Any issues if so? I'm not holding by breath on how long it will take to get them delivered but I guessed I had better get them ordered if I want them to show up for next riding season.
Just put these sweeping indicators on mine

Attachments

• 4D1E830E-0A8A-471D-A462-5654707E9659.jpeg
    4D1E830E-0A8A-471D-A462-5654707E9659.jpeg
    66.4 KB · Views: 46
Just put these sweeping indicators on mine
So they work properly? The scrolling indicators don't work on US models and weren't available on European models until the last few months. I'm not sure what the difference is between the regions (software I guess), but corporate says they won't be available for US models. I bought a set regardless but their operation creates a fault and the bike shuts them down.

How did you remove the indicators? For some reason I am finding it difficult to get them off. Front and Back. I don't have a service manual.
With great difficulty!
A friend used like a mini rattle gun on the rear indicators which I changed first, not knowing that they had to be changed as a set of four, then the front ones… one melted through the plastic and pulled out from spinning! Haha why so much locktite? And the other I hacksawed off, then I had to take it back to the dealership to update the software so they would work.
Easy huh!

So they work properly? The scrolling indicators don't work on US models and weren't available on European models until the last few months. I'm not sure what the difference is between the regions (software I guess), but corporate says they won't be available for US models. I bought a set regardless but their operation creates a fault and the bike shuts them down.
Yes, they work great, I had to take the bike back to the dealership for a software update

Back