Halo style headlight

Those there look similar to the Daymakers.
At $400.00 less expensive, definitely worth a try.
I hope they last well for you! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
My friend got H-D daymakers 5 3/4 same day for his sportster 48 . Had both in my hands couldn't tell the difference same with brightness after we installed them except he paid 400$ for one. Both plastic not glass as I expected.

My friend got H-D daymakers 5 3/4 same day for his sportster 48 . Had both in my hands couldn't tell the difference same with brightness after we installed them except he paid 400$ for one. Both plastic not glass as I expected.

Pretty sure the Sporster has only one headlight.
WOW $400 for just one Daymaker is a RIP!
They have sure gone up in price - I paid $320 each for mine.
Difficult to discern electronics quality holding in hands . . . :rolleyes:
BTW - I likey your motor! :thumbsup:

FYI -
NOTE that the "8690 M" is NOT adaptive.
The 8690 A is the correct light.

I have just received my new 8690 adaptives!
Still in the box until I can do some final curve testing/filming with my Daymakers and then compare the results with the new 8690 As.

This thread, post number 55 has the ones I and a couple others have used:

Daymaker Type Headlights (Chinese Copies)

Link to thread correct but actually page 6, post#56 and instructions in post#66. They do not appear to be same appearance as JW Speakers or Day Makers but are LED with orange (amber) or white solid, flashing or strobing halos that can be used as running lights, parking lights or blinkers.

If you buy from this AliBaba source - Do not forget to buy each separately for free shipping if you order 2 in one purchase you will forced to pay AUD$50+ International Global shipping!

Pictures in posts#80, 84
Pretty sure they were not turned on just flash reflection.

I have just received my new 8690 adaptives!
Still in the box until I can do some final curve testing/filming with my Daymakers and then compare the results with the new 8690 As.
I am looking at buying one of two so I would be interested in any feedback once you've completed. What was the price difference?

I am looking at buying one of two so I would be interested in any feedback once you've completed. What was the price difference?

HUGE!
Twas $600 for the Daymakers (2) from Kutter Harley Davidson
Twas $1400 for the JW Speaker 8690 Adaptives (2) from Revzilla
Hope this helps.

Very nice
Wilk, do have any specific information on these lights--like brand or serial number so I can check into it?
FYI -
NOTE that the "8690 M" is NOT adaptive.
The 8690 A is the correct light.
As you can probably tell I am still looking at headlights. Don't think I can afford the adaptive but is the (JW Speaker)8690 A a plug n play? or do I have to make any changes to wiring or anything? Do you know anything about the day maker headlights?

Just bought these new for 2016 Daymaker knock-offs. Osram LED chips, built in canbus, plug and play, 4000/2800 hi/lo lumens. Took five mins each to install cram ming connections in with a little brute force! Love 'em albeit one night. So much brighter, good spread, look great (chose black), and $69 apiece! They arent adaptime but 20160702_093125.jpg spread is better with this new model. Hi beam turns all 9 leds on. Says 50k hours...we shall see. Will update if any issues

Back