Halo style headlight

Brute

.040 Over
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Roadster
Hey all, just wondering if anyone has converted the original headlights to the halo style. If so, I would be interested in your opinion...

Not sure what you mean by halo style. Perhaps you should elaborate. :)

There are people here with lights that have halos; if you mean LED reflectors like JW Speaker 8630 with halos then there are definitely people with them.

In general, LED's are a big improvement. The current one to beat would be the JW Speaker 8690 M (Edit: I meant 8690 A, my bad) adaptive, but they have no halo. They are adaptive and light up the side of the road though. Also cost a buttload of cash, but they're currently in a class all to themselves.

Another option to get halos would be a Vision X Vortex 5.75 inch, or a Custom Dynamics Trubeam (same light, different name). Those appear to be pretty great lights, and can be tweaked with an add-on that causes them to fire up both high and low beam at once when using the high beam.

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean by halo style. Perhaps you should elaborate. :)

There are people here with lights that have halos; if you mean LED reflectors like JW Speaker 8630 with halos then there are definitely people with them.

In general, LED's are a big improvement. The current one to beat would be the JW Speaker 8690 M adaptive, but they have no halo. They are adaptive and light up the side of the road though. Also cost a buttload of cash, but they're currently in a class all to themselves.

Another option to get halos would be a Vision X Vortex 5.75 inch, or a Custom Dynamics Trubeam (same light, different name). Those appear to be pretty great lights, and can be tweaked with an add-on that causes them to fire up both high and low beam at once when using the high beam.
Sorry, yes I am talking about LED with a halo ring. I think I was looking at the Vision X vortex 5.75 inch on line. I was just wondering if changing over to this style created any unforeseen issues or problems.

I have done it, takes all of 15 minutes, couple cuts, couple crimps, screw back together.. done. lol.

HUGE upgrade vs stock headlights, this picture is lights off halos turned on:\

IMG_20160427_105146.jpg

Sorry, yes I am talking about LED with a halo ring. I think I was looking at the Vision X vortex 5.75 inch on line. I was just wondering if changing over to this style created any unforeseen issues or problems.

The one thing is that the headlights are very directional and there's not a lot of light leakage. And this means that when you lean the bike in to turn, you suddenly fire quite a lot of the light into the pavement rather than up onto the shoulder of the road. That happens with halogen lights also, but they spew so much waste light everywhere it's not nearly as noticeable.

That's what the adaptive JW Speakers solve, by turning on new LED's that light up the shoulder.

But the Vortex lights seem to light up a lot upwards when you put the high beams on compared to JW Speaker non-adaptives, so that might help.

The ones I have put out quite a bit of light left and right also, no issues with cornering. Their cutoff is a clear horizontal line with plenty of light below the cutoff. Didn't notice an issue with cornering at night.

I don't live in the country though, where it's super dark at night, so results may be different there.

I have done it, takes all of 15 minutes, couple cuts, couple crimps, screw back together.. done. lol.

HUGE upgrade vs stock headlights, this picture is lights off halos turned on:\

IMG_20160427_105146.jpg
Yes, that's what I'm looking for. So do you have to add a switch to run the halo light alone? Do you still have high beam? Are you happy with visability while cornering at night? Sorry so many questions. In the photo the light appears yellow. Is that just the quality of the photo?

The ones I have put out quite a bit of light left and right also, no issues with cornering. Their cutoff is a clear horizontal line with plenty of light below the cutoff. Didn't notice an issue with cornering at night.

I don't live in the country though, where it's super dark at night, so results may be different there.
What lights do you have? I like the look...

Back