The rougher the roads ( and we have a high ratio of them here in NZ ) the more the suspension gets challenged and the greater the need for ( higher cost ) pedigree level suspension providing greater levels of ride comfort and chassis control.
For this reason (maybe) most suspension guys make their living here from off-roaders. They make road stuff too - but it's icing on the cake.

I keep coming back to this thread wanting to learn more about Hagon shocks....
Tricked again!

Before you shoot the wad on premier shockies . . .
You have to ask yourself one question.
Are you truly a hoon and do you live for the twisties?
If not, save your moola & go middle of the road.
Well, are ya, punk? :rolleyes: :roll: :thumbsup:

Before you shoot the wad on premier shockies . . .
You have to ask yourself one question.
Are you truly a hoon and do you live for the twisties?
If not, save your moola & go middle of the road.
Well, are ya, punk? :rolleyes: :roll: :thumbsup:

Like the Bull says.....thats what i meant by saving your pennies....buy what you think will be best for your riding style but buy them once.....if you need to get expensive then thats what you need to get....read past threads contributed many sleeps back and see what the results have shown....Some riders will be happy with cheaper others with top of the line expensive shocks...listen to the experts and take in their knowledge so when you decide to pull the trigger on a set you will be at ease with your decision.

Last edited:
Got my forks back. Mostly rebuilt as they were, just different fluid smaller air gap and SKF seals. There’s a hell of a lot less sticksion now, massive difference.

Lol sorry. Picked up my services forks, will have to wait a bit before doing cartridges, the costs were not anticipated but I’ll eventually be going traxxion drop in now, Max the owner has me sold on their tech.

I did change oil brands, shrink the fork oil air gap and have SKF seals and dust peotectors put in, the net result is that they now slide a hell of a lot easier than stock seals did.

Lol sorry. Picked up my services forks, will have to wait a bit before doing cartridges, the costs were not anticipated but I’ll eventually be going traxxion drop in now, Max the owner has me sold on their tech.

I did change oil brands, shrink the fork oil air gap and have SKF seals and dust peotectors put in, the net result is that they now slide a hell of a lot easier than stock seals did.
Ok for a moment there I thought you got into some gorrilla glue :)

Nice Tal!!

Just got it back together and did a little say measuring. My weight seems a little bigger than stock Wilber’s fork springs are intended for, but good news story, the smaller air gap has it feeling much better just sitting still stroking the suspension. The first inch is smooth and gentle and quickly picks up resistance mid stroke compared to before.

Watching a few blogs by smart suspension duders one thing stood out “At a certain level weight of the rider takes a back seat to rider skill level and how hard you push the bike”.

Did you know our forks have NO bottom out mechanism?! So I was bottoming the Wilber’s front end after all, not cool, definitely need to get some Traxxion put in because I’m hitting the bikes limits long before I scare myself now.

Last edited:
Back