Gutted my mufflers

As far as the Dyno vindex1963 has close to the same setup as I do. I have TORS, PC5 and K&N undertank. He has Ramair and from what I have gathered Ramair gives you around 8-12 extra HP. My Dyno was 131 hp and 145 (or 146) torque. That puts him exactly 9 hp more than me and 8 lbs torque. What is not to understand? If he was going to lie he would have given larger numbers. He doesn't seem to be 'making up stories' like some on here have a tendency to do.

Mighty; I also run a set of TOR on my Tri-pipe Two Tone. Over the course of the three years that I have run them the bike seems to be getting more noisy. Could it be the case that whatever is in the TOR pipe might have burnt? It got so loud I replaced one of the OEM pipes to tone down the scandal. I know nothing about the subject and confess gutting my Sportster's pipes just because it made the bike sound good. Still don't know but the Rocket sound good. Loud but good. It there a fix to this without changing the exhaust syetem or slip-ons?

Mighty; I also run a set of TOR on my Tri-pipe Two Tone. Over the course of the three years that I have run them the bike seems to be getting more noisy. Could it be the case that whatever is in the TOR pipe might have burnt? It got so loud I replaced one of the OEM pipes to tone down the scandal. I know nothing about the subject and confess gutting my Sportster's pipes just because it made the bike sound good. Still don't know but the Rocket sound good. Loud but good. It there a fix to this without changing the exhaust syetem or slip-ons?
You're 100% correct. On my 05 and 14 I had TORS and the more miles the louder it became. I really don't think there is much you can do outside of having the baffles packed but that's big money. I like the sound of the TORS but by the time I sold my 05 it was very loud. I wish I could help. Maybe buy another set of TORS.;) There are guys on here that can be of more help on this subject than me.:thumbsup:

Well as I aged I found that the industrial environments I worked in took a toll on my hearing. So I first went to a full face helmet with some improvement. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for so I went ear plugs. Then the wind noise went away. I know my exhaust is louder then stock but the earplugs seem to be the fix for me. :) since I'm aging I might just try a unmodified bike with stock exhaust. Anyway the point is ear protection its almost as important as eye protection.

Went for a ride today and after the masking tape burned off the stainless steel wool opened up in the mufflers and now it sounds like it did when the baffles were new and the fiberglass was good. Best part of stainless packing is it's one and done the course stainless won't burn out.

Back