Guidance needed: Derestricting 2020 Rocket 3 GT using TuneECU & OBDLink MX+

Hi everyone,
I am planning to remove the factory restrictions (speed and gear limitations) on my 2020 Triumph Rocket 3 GT.
I already have the necessary hardware and software ready to go:
  • OBDLink MX+ Bluetooth adapter
  • Registered TuneECU app (Android)
Since I have the tools required for flashing the ECU, I would greatly appreciate some step-by-step guidance or tips from anyone who has done this exact procedure on a 2500cc model.
  • Which map/tune do you recommend? Should I look for a specific custom map (like the Penner tune) or modify the stock map's tables myself?
  • What are the most critical steps to avoid bricking the ECU during the Bluetooth flash? (e.g., pulling fuses, using a battery tender?)
  • Are there any hidden tricks I’ve read that you might need to disconnect from the bike in the app before you can actually modify the tables—is this true?
If someone could point me to a reliable guide, a specific thread, or just share their own experience with this setup, it would be a huge help!
Thanks in advance,


Removing the fuse does not stop the headlights on my 2020 R. Its apparently a quirk of the 2020 model wiring. Only way is to remove the light cluster and disconnect the harness manually. My battery charger could not keep up with the battery drain with the lights on, so to be safe im going to disconnect the lights before I try the Penner flash.
 
Removing the fuse does not stop the headlights on my 2020 R. Its apparently a quirk of the 2020 model wiring. Only way is to remove the light cluster and disconnect the harness manually. My battery charger could not keep up with the battery drain with the lights on, so to be safe im going to disconnect the lights before I try the Penner flash.
Are you sure? I have the 2020 R and, it's been a while, but seem to remember pulling the headlight fuse
 
Back
Top