Yep, that's the one I remember, in fact if you scroll down a bit in the comments on YouTube you can see where I'm mentioning that this is totally possible for a Carpenter Rocket. Way too much controversy over that video though. I like this one with the Diavel much better as it shows the POV from the Rocket including a shot at the speedo.

I can't help but wonder how accurate his speedo is though. The speedos read around 7% high from the factory. This is consistently true for most motorcycles (my Yamaha Warrior read high by 8.5%). 7% higher at 140 to 150 mph is a difference of 10 mph which is significant. I had to tweak my speedo down 6.9% in TuneECU to get it to match my GPS. It's safe to assume in any video that you see on YouTube like this (except mine of course! :D) that the speedo is reading high by quite a bit at top end speeds.

As for the rest of 5252rpm's videos, ya, he's beating up on a bunch of stuff but how fast is he really going and how long did it take him to get there? We can't tell. The video quality is horrible and there's no shot of the speedo. The only redeeming quality of the Hayabusa video is the speed reference from the Hayabusa speedo (which again, you know is reading high).

Yep, that's the one I remember, in fact if you scroll down a bit in the comments on YouTube you can see where I'm mentioning that this is totally possible for a Carpenter Rocket. Way too much controversy over that video though. I like this one with the Diavel much better as it shows the POV from the Rocket including a shot at the speedo.

As for the rest of 5252rpm's videos, ya, he's beating up on a bunch of stuff but how fast is he really going and how long did it take him to get there? We can't tell. The video quality is horrible and there's no shot of the speedo. The only redeeming quality of the Hayabusa video is the speed reference from the Hayabusa speedo (which again, you know is reading high).

Y u mad bro?
His bike faster than yours? His video got 2 or 3 times as many views as yours?

Y u mad bro?
His bike faster than yours? His video got 2 or 3 times as many views as yours?

???

What in the world caused you to think I was mad?? Faster bike? The OP of this thread has a faster bike than me. A video with more views? Dude! What kind of shallow person would get mad over such a thing? I was shocked when my video passed a few hundred views. Now I just wish I would have monetized it.

Perhaps my comment, "The only redeeming quality..." was misleading? I simply meant in comparison to what I like to see in these type of videos. Mainly, high def video quality and a clear shot of the speedo to give an idea of acceleration and top speed.

I did enjoy the Hayabusa vs. Rocket video when I first saw it. Watched it many times. It's 5252rpm's best video but IMHO the rest of his videos are almost painful to watch. Like I already said, horrible video quality and no speed or acceleration reference other than some blurry lane markings, road barriers and scenery. That's me sharing my opinion, not being mad. Lot's of people probably think my video sucks because it's only a shot of the gauges. It's just something I threw together real fast as my first video. I wish I would have done multiple angles on it too. I will in any future video.

Now, you and everybody else go have a fantastic day!! :) :p :D :thumbsup:

Back