Basic Tuning Video

Ulf, if the Ram Air is a slight improvement, how does this compare to the K&N's ? (of various sizes)
And surely either of these must be a vast improvement on the stock intake system ?

They both work and they do it the better, the more other performance mods you make.
On stock bikes it is not much.
But with a good exhaust and cam the stock airbox becomes a real bad restriction.
KN should be the biggest size you can fit as their surface is smaller.
The Ramairs have got a nice bellmouth shape inside.
But on the dyno the difference between the two was neglectible.

They both work and they do it the better, the more other performance mods you make.
On stock bikes it is not much.
But with a good exhaust and cam the stock airbox becomes a real bad restriction.
KN should be the biggest size you can fit as their surface is smaller.
The Ramairs have got a nice bellmouth shape inside.
But on the dyno the difference between the two was neglectible.

Thanks Ulf.
When I first got my 06 Rocket, I dropped out the Cat (3 pipe) and fitted some noisy mufflers with tune to suit, a noticeable difference.
I then fitted a set of K&N filters along with a tune to suit, again a noticeable difference, none of this on a Dyno, just on the road.
I've since had Sleeves load various tunes as we/he plays with it, the bike goes real well now.
These are the only mods.

I've been building Engines for over 30 years, but with this bike, I'm not interested in playing with the Engine, past that these days.
Having had/built Hot Rod Engines for years, the Stock Rocket with a Pipe and Filters is just fine for me :thumbsup:

The stock intake cam is 220 and the exhaust cam 232 degrees (at .04"/1mm ). Max lift of both cams is 0.32"/8,3mm
That is unusually low and works good til about 2000 or 2500rpm. Real loss starts already at about 3000.
That can be extended with a good exhaust and more open intake and I agree that it is fun to ride.
But a 220 intake cam is a mean restriction with 750ccm single cylinder volume. Even if it is a 4valve and just revs to 6300.

There are some restrictions in the ecu that you can´t get rid off without Tune-ECU.
Is it all right to use this map without the cross over pipe, I have the Ramair and the TORS, 2015 Roadster, Thank you for all and any advice, I just bought the Lonelec cable too. I am a newbie. Spent 2 years just south of Frankfort Germany, in the Army 1976 to 1978. Had a great time.

Last edited:
Don´t worry. Your Rocket Roadster will love you if you do it to her.
Just give it a try.
I have been in the Airforce from 1979 to 1981.
Three months in El Paso.
Loved it too.

The best way to get a map that works perfect over all gears is to manipulate the gear sensor.
Ulf
OR - Fit a PCV and do a different map for each gear ? - **** I wish I had access to a Dyno.

Do the high lift cams make a monster difference to emmisions?

Back