dubdub

Standard Bore
Ride
2013 R3R.......2008 FLSTF
Okay so I have a 2013 R3R have added Ramair and Dave Platt Outlaw exhaust what is my best option for tuning i cant seem to find that combo in tunecu Im not going to be looking for wringing the last bit of horsepower out of the bike just something safe for the engine there is a dyno tuner reasonably close,but like anything else that could be a expensive crap shoot ,just guess im needing some opinions/guidance for this,thanks in advance

Okay so I have a 2013 R3R have added Ramair and Dave Platt Outlaw exhaust what is my best option for tuning i cant seem to find that combo in tunecu Im not going to be looking for wringing the last bit of horsepower out of the bike just something safe for the engine there is a dyno tuner reasonably close,but like anything else that could be a expensive crap shoot ,just guess im needing some opinions/guidance for this,thanks in advance
IMHO just loading someone else's tune is more of a crap shot. If you are not comfortable with the local tuner it might be worth traveling to a known good one who understands and has experience with the Rocket.
If you do not want to take that route or that is not practical you could consider installing a Power Commander with auto tune and Pod-300 this would give you a gauge to monitor the air fuel ratio, data logging and the ability to automatically tune the bike as you ride.
Another option would be to install a wide band O2 sensor with data logging such as an Innovate LM-2 to see if your current tune is safe and monitor any changes you make.
Rick

You said there is a tuner near you. Id start by stopping in and talk with the tuner. If they are willing to do a tuneecu tune. That would be your best option in my opinion.

Ive got a appointment to talk with the dyno tuner tomorrow thanks for the input

Hopefully he can tune your ECU directly. My local dyno said I have to get a power commander and I say no thanks. Based on what I have read on this forum there is no reason for a PC-V unless you are going beyond ram air, cross over and free flow mufflers.

I have exact same set up...without tune lost performance and decal pop awful and lag at low revs. Drop a quick email to the PCV / auto tune guys and they will give you a good base tune - don’t be put off by the written description of it ,( I think it says tourer blah blah) this alone dropped into the AT improved everything A LOT. Then I added the AT...drove about a 1000 miles then accepted trims. Now pretty close to perfect!
Sorry I’m not home to give you the tune # but just shoot them an email and they will tell you.
You’re good to go!

( any probs pm me and I’ll send you the tune #...the tunes are on their site)

Back