Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
Check out this carp vs Diavel X video.

Rocket generally stomps the Diavel in a bunch of pulls but then:

3:10 is a great race where the R3 flubbs the start and has to play catch up. Jesus christ does it have top end speed vs the Diavel :)

6:33 from a dig, Diavel rider is better at launching (it has launch and wheelie control...) :)

X Diavel S - 540lb wet and 145whp/85lb-ft tested recently by 2016 Ducati XDiavel Dyno Tested
This R3R: 809lb wet + bags and accessories, probably at 875lb. 232whp/185lb-ft claimed by owner on a 240 kit. On pump instead of MR12 that'd be 218whp.

Last edited:
My friend John has a Ducati Diavel i was pretty impressed with it's performance. He ended up trading it in for a BMW R1200RT LC. This is his bike on YT. Like a few of my other friends they get bored with the latest and greatest and are always on a quest for a better bike. For some reason a lot of riders stay clear of the Rocket i think the size and power scares them away.....:cautious::unsure:

Last edited:
Nice!!! Thanks for posting. Finally, somebody shooting some video riding their R3 as hard as I did in the video I made. 'Bout time.

Any idea if this guy is a forum member?

Claviger, you need to shoot something like this on your carp. That's the kind of VLOG we'd all like to watch (although I did enjoy the two you've already done).

Yes it does. I did end up taking mine out last Saturday for the first time in about 5 months. Sunny but cold! Hit 142mph at one point and when I got home my face was dang near froze off. Guess I need a full face helmet for just such occasions.

Yes it does. I did end up taking mine out last Saturday for the first time in about 5 months. Sunny but cold! Hit 142mph at one point and when I got home my face was dang near froze off. Guess I need a full face helmet for just such occasions.
I saw your video earlier, nice. Did you need to put new rings in after that ride? Do you call that blown up? Did it cost?

I saw your video earlier, nice. Did you need to put new rings in after that ride? Do you call that blown up? Did it cost?
The problem I was having when I shot that video was not blown rings as I had supposed but broken piston lands on one of the pistons. The blow-by caused so much pressure in the crankcase that it would pop the dipstick and dump massive amounts of oil out the crankcase vent. It was like that when I bought it and I did rebuild it shortly after that video. It really didn't effect the power output much at all surprisingly and since I did all the work myself it wasn't a huge expense to repair.

Last edited:
Just watched another video by 5UP where discussed his 1/4 experience with his R3.

10.2 @ 132, so he can ride, clear by the 10.2, but the weight and bags are doing him no favors, evident by the 132. Shows power numbers only mean so much, down 40hp I trapped 4mph higher but ride like crap in comparison @ 10.7s lmao.

Back