germ79

The Guy That Asks All The Questions
Ride
2014 R3 Roadster
Ok, I'm on a roll with posts this morning as I'm trying to make sure I know what I need to know before I buy...so thought I'd just ask you fellas about this:

I'm looking at a 2014 Rocket Roadster in matte black - not at a dealer. It has all the accessories I want - Triumph bags (leather) windshield, exhaust (from CES). Has some extras like the triple KN filter with custom cover, Power Commander V, dyno-tuned at the dealership, upgraded rear suspension, plus some other niceties.

Bike is in VERY good shape, but will soon need a rear tire and has about 15,000 miles, so the big service is only 5,000 miles away. What would you consider to be a great deal on this bike knowing what it has? I feel like it is a good deal, but in times like this (where I'm excited and eager to buy something major) I need a reality check from outside friends who have no skin in the game.

Looking forward to your advice!

Ok just keep in mind a new one is 16k plus tax tags - you best negotiations on list price!
Used 2014 I would say 8k good price and no more than 10k no matter what shape is way to much.
If under 8k that a deal.
Try to ride the bike and see how she shifts, should be a clunky but firm, positive shift. Also nail it in 2nd gear to make sure it does not pop out of gear!

Keep your eye on eBay! The last couple of years they were blowing out new leftover rockets with25 on them some where around 10/11k

If you buy it make sure you get as many of the original parts as you can. I would also take the vin number to a triumph dealer to verify all the services done on the bike.

Go for it. even if price is a bit high the accessories are not cheap.

Seems like super-good deals come along every so often on eBay, so I contemplate whether I should wait it out. BUT, oftentimes it seems those are bikes with no accessories. It seems you can definitely save money on accessories when they're included.

I just have to take a step back and ask for others' input in times like this, as I get too gung-ho to buy!

Seems like it has nearly $4000 worth of accessories and extras but you haven't stated a price. remember most people including me start splurging huge dollps of cash on improvements whatever we start with. I bought a 2nd hand 2010 Roadster here in Oz nearly 2 years ago with 36,000miles (60,000Km) for Au$9,000 (US$6750) with quite a bit of extras and have spent $1000's since.
I'm very happy and you will get your extras with a used bike for less than half what they would cost new to add yourself.;):D

Back