Gonna try the Summer Wind Screen

When I got my '06 it had a summer screen. It looked cool but was very noisy and there was a lot of buffet at my head/helmet. I went with the tallest ClearView they had and I'm really happy. I'm 6'4" and I needed all the tall I could get. I strongly recommend that you invest in "lowers" when you do the windscreen. They help quite a bit with noise and "smoothness" behind the screen. I also had the vent put in by ClearView and that helps a lot on hot and cold days. Clearview has a pretty good chart to help with screen height. I'm going to try to attach pics of both set-ups. The only negative is that the screen is too effective. I sit in almost dead calm air but there is quite a bit of sound, from the motor, that reflects back up off the screen and straight to your helmet. The trade-off for smooth air and not having to keep "holding on" is well worth it to me. I used the existing mount for the summer screen to mount the ClearView. I had to "radius" the bottom corners of the screen to allow for the running lights. Be happy to answer any specific fit questions but it was pretty much "plug-and-play". Best of luck.

Attachments

• DSCN1706.jpg
    DSCN1706.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 105
  • P9230032.JPG
    P9230032.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 123
  • DSCN1704.jpg
    DSCN1704.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 108
Windscreen

I see people posting the difference between the Roadster Screen and the Summer Screen but I do not know what the Summer Screen is. Triumph list a Roadster Screen, a Sport Screen and a Fly Screen. I just took a ride up to 110 MPH but can't take it faster without some wind protection. I reasently purchased a 2012 Roadster. I have been much faster and more confortable on sport tourers. I am trying to set my new Roadster up with wind screen, handle bar risers. Any imput would be greatly appriciated.

In the pictures just above your last post the middle picture is a summer screen
A summer screen is just like the roadster screen only shorter
I have the roadster screen and Rivco risers they are both great

I can't stand the buffeting from a screen, no matter how tall or short it is. Your head gets tossed around and there's a drumming sensation. Hate it. And I certainly wouldn't be taking a bike over 100mph with a 'sail' bolted to the bars. Rocket offers a lot of natural wind protection thanks to the tank, gauges and headlights. Just ride a T'Bird and you'll really notice the difference; on a T'bird you feel it a lot more in the chest. Just my opinion. Plenty of people love their screens but not for me.

Back