Gonna try the Summer Wind Screen

TxRIIIRider

Living Legend
I've ridden without much wind protection most all of my riding life, but starting to get older I guess. I've had the Roadster screen before and I didn't like it, just too much buffeting, even with the lowers. Also, at a stop, all the heat from the radiator rises behind the screen and back on to the rider!.. I've had the fly screen ever since I bought my Rocket, and with my paint job, it looks awesome and does great blocking the wind from your chest, keeping you from feeling like a parachute.

I'm thinking the Summer screen is shorter than the Roadster screen and may leave a cleaner air stream at helmet level,.. and may not catch all the hot air from the radiator that the Roadster screen did..

I'm not sure if there is any kind of saying that goes along with windscreens and aging, but there should be .... take a trip just once with a windshield on your bike and you will NEVER want to take it off. Call me old, but I'm past the point of wanting bugs in my dentures. LOL

I really hated my Summer Screen. WAY too much noise and wind turbulence-lowers helped but not enough. Flyscreen works a treat.

Well, it the summer screen doesn't work out, atleast I will have the hardware for a giant Clearview screen.. :) I'll definitely still keep my fly screen to swap out on occaision.. :)

Go for the giant clearview, you can smoke a cigar behind those things. I was finally able to hear my stock pipes above the wind noise with the cv on.

I tried the summer screen had it on twice hated it bought the huge clearview screen with vent used it up and down to MV and a little in the winter time hated it.
Both are now collecting dust in my bike shed, windshields are okay but they take away the true riding experience just as radios and MP3 do.

I tried the summer screen had it on twice hated it bought the huge clearview screen with vent used it up and down to MV and a little in the winter time hated it.
Both are now collecting dust in my bike shed, windshields are okay but they take away the true riding experience just as radios and MP3 do.

I agree 100%

all those gadgets are a distraction to the true experience of riding but again " to each his own "

As another one who has done both...I much prefer the screen (like the Clearview I had on the Rocket). If you have the hardware for the Roadster screen already it can be used with the Clearview and get the one with the vent...you still get the breeze, if you want, but not the whole upper body buffeting experience.

And Dave you, sitting fully upright, barely "tower" over the gages...I might have figured you wouldn't need the screen.

As far as the thought of wind in your chest, arms, bugs in your teeth as the way motorcycles are meant to be ridden...maybe I ought to get a pilots license get one of those "wright brother thingies" with no covering at all (except for the wings) and charge you to fly around the US or better yet international travel...now if I could only arrange for some in-flight fuel tankers...:D.

Dennis

116 dtg Dubai
117 dtg Home!

Back