RockOn

Turbocharged
Ride
2006 R3 Classic, 2008 R3T, 2009 Harley Ultra
I bought a cheap(15 bucks)Chinese 6 position fuse block that seems fairly compact...3.5 by 3.5 inches by 1.5 inches high including cover.....but I'll be darned if I can fit it under the right side cover.....the left side is already filled with the Suzuki regulator/rectifier upgrade per Decosse's recommendation.

I want to install an airhorn, a combination power port/voltmeter/USB charger and my existing Powerlet Battery Tender port. I've tried fitting the fuse block under the tank and that could work if I remove the postive and negative leads and extend them with new leads that are about 12" longer.......but I am concerned by the heat between the engine and the gas tank. There is one last place to consider......behind the battery next to the rear fender. The fuse block can fit in there if I do not use the cover on the fuse block. I could use a thin sheet of rubber between the block and the rear fender to be sure there is no electrical contact.

Any other locations or ideas I should consider. Thanks.

PS Yes, I know if I remove the air cleaner and go RamAir, etc. there would be plenty of room, but the bike is already faster than I dare go at my age. By the way, speaking of age, one of my Marine Corps buddies still rides with us at age 87......he fought in both Korea and Viet Nam.....can you imagine? He just finished a roundtrip on his Indian from San Diego to Seaside, Oregon and back.

Last edited:
Removing the poorly designed stock intake is beneficial in a lot of ways,
Easier for the engine to gulp air
Extra Storage (fuse block location)
A lot easier to work on the engine, spark plugs , map sensor, coils etc
In fact once you remove it once for any maintenance it is highly unlikely you will put the stock system back on.

Removing the poorly designed stock intake is beneficial in a lot of ways,
Easier for the engine to gulp air
Extra Storage (fuse block location)
A lot easier to work on the engine, spark plugs , map sensor, coils etc
In fact once you remove it once for any maintenance it is highly unlikely you will put the stock system back on.

Well, those are compelling reasons to go Ramair but I have been very put off by the idea due to more than a few posts I have seen regarding the very annoying noise the Ramair makes.......what do you think about that?

Well, those are compelling reasons to go Ramair but I have been very put off by the idea due to more than a few posts I have seen regarding the very annoying noise the Ramair makes.......what do you think about that?
One man's music is another man's annoyance. Yes, the Ramair is quite noisy, I hear the induction noise more than the exhaust, but I like it. It does free up a lot of space though, earplugs?

One man's music is another man's annoyance. Yes, the Ramair is quite noisy, I hear the induction noise more than the exhaust, but I like it. It does free up a lot of space though, earplugs?

I suppose for the minimal cost of Ramair I could try it and remove it if it is a no go. I also ride a '09 Harley Ultra 110" with Vance & Hines exhaust which makes a very sexy note but substantially louder than the Rocket's subtle burble. I really enjoy the quiet Rocket for the change of pace......... and how surprised Harley guys are when I fly past them with almost no sound in my wake.......whoooshhhh. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Oops forgot I installed my air horn behind the left side cover(sitting on the bike)

Could you post a picture of the fuse block?

I'm going to install the air horn, also a very cheap Chinese Stebel type knock-off, on the right lower engine guard arm. This little sucker sounds like a freight train horn.

well, no more replys so I will reply to my last post......behind the battery worked for me......airhorn is awesome.....24.99. Vendor sent me three more airhorns as a Mia Culpa for sending me horn minus relay and mounting hardware.......customer returns....they all work fine......Chinese directions are so poor customers could not figure out how to wire the horn...complicated but Google search for Stebel horn inststall worked great for me....
:thumbsup:

Back