Funky new Corbin Solo seat arrived

What say Yee?

• Total voters
Ken,
Me likey!

When was this?
If you just hold mouse over the embedded youtube screen while it's playing, says right there it is 1977
Don't care for his politics, but have to say he is a great rocker
Too bad he couldn't sing :D For the longest time (even had the albums) thought it was all him before actually seeing video - Derek St Holmes (vocalist in that video) was the best in the various lines-up.

Here's Derek (with his own band - no Ted) from only 6 months ago - STILL sounds awesome.

Last edited:
Well, my new self-designed Corbin Solo seat arrived yesterday.

I'm not 100% in love with the looks but Corbin did warn me that the configuration
tool was only for reference.

I should have gone with all-leather as the side panels are REALLY shiny (unlike their photos).

I was trying to match the Red stripes on the Roadster and this was the closest color in the tool. It's not exact but good enough and it looks decent on both bikes (to me - but did I mention I'm color blind).

It also came with a warning note not to place it on hard surfaces or on its end - the side panel material must be prone to wear :^( I don't take the seat off all that often but I'll have to use extra care it seems.

The "Chrome" piping is actually silver too...

I sprung for the matching backrest - it's larger than I thought it would be but looks comfy.

Not that I would, but I might have a hard time selling a custom one-off design like this. Something
to be aware of if you're considering this sort of style.

There's snow in my driveway and it's 18F with windchill so I'll have to post on its comfort in the Spring.

I like the way you think.

IMG_1461.JPG

IMG_1490.JPG
IMG_1465.JPG IMG_1493.JPG

IMG_1468.JPG IMG_1467.JPG

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1541773506477.jpg
    FB_IMG_1541773506477.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 3
........Yeah, the tool was fairly close to the actual for this model. It has an extra stud band though. After I placed the order Corbin contacted me to say there is just a single side piece.

As you can see, the tools red isn't as glossy as the actual product red.

classicsolo-front_1 from tool.jpg The black side panel shown isn't on the actual seat (maybe it is if you order the stud option - not sure). The logo was in a different spot too..........

...........BONUS: I wouldn't need to order the 11.5" lowering shocks if I got these!!

They are a CUSTOM maker to order, especially for personal color and material choices.
If they contacted you before they made it I suspect they found the materials difficult to join for that 2 section side panel. If it was after they made it, it was more likely an error when making it and they forgot the order details.

You will regret getting shorter shocks as your ride will be harsher than now possibly or not much better.

Get the heels (glam or not is a matter of taste* ;):D) and 13" shocks;):D

*Just be careful you don't become a Bay City Rollers fan too like @scot in exile ! ;):eek::roll::roll:

nintchdbpict000288333435.jpg

bay-city-rollers-uk-pop-group-in-1976-aff2wa.jpg

Back