Funky new Corbin Solo seat arrived

What say Yee?

• Total voters
Here's the one I had made last fall:

CorbinSeat_small.jpg

This is their charcoal gray vinyl, silver stitch and "smoke gray" piping on the seats, but not the backrest.

I've been riding on pavement since 1983 and this is my first custom seat.
For long R3 trips I have been using an AirHawk air mattress and 'suffering' with the stock one normally.

The seat was designed for the new-to-me Roadster so I'll use its black faux-CF seat on the tribal as it seems a little better than the originals.

The Classic Solo Saddles are US$497, optional Ovalbak rest with chrome plate is US$327, freight is US$65. No tax for me so the total was US$889.

I was surprised that it only took Corbin 2 1/2 weeks to build and deliver it as I can't imagine they had that combo in stock.

Here's the one I had made last fall:

This is their charcoal gray vinyl, silver stitch and "smoke gray" piping on the seats, but not the backrest.

Suits the bike perfectly! Those side panels aren't glossy like mine. Makes me feel a little better that others have vinyl sides.

Nice! I've wasted a bunch of time with their tool when I should have been working, and was curious to know how reality matches up. I'll be very interested to know how it feels.

Yeah, the tool was fairly close to the actual for this model. It has an extra stud band though. After I placed the order Corbin
contacted me to say there is just a single side piece.

As you can see, the tools red isn't as glossy as the actual product red.

classicsolo-front_1 from tool.jpg The black side panel shown isn't on the actual seat (maybe it is if you order the stud option - not sure). The logo was in a different spot too.

I confirmed I ordered the Standard Ovalbac and not the Large one. They make 3 smaller ones but I wanted the chrome
back plate (bling-eee) and didn't research close enough to see it was available on the Gun Fighter Ovalback. I will only use the
rest on long trips so I can live with this one.

This disclaimer came with the order:

"Base pan, foam and hardware of Corbin saddle is warranted to the original owner for life. Cover materials and workmanship warranted for one year. Corbin saddles require a break in period of approximately 2000 miles. The seat feels firm initially, but with use will break-in to conform to the individual."

Good news - I found some riding footwear to go with the new seat:

shoes.gif

Or these if I had kept my silk shirts and polyester bell bottoms from the 70's:

shoes2.jpg

BONUS: I wouldn't need to order the 11.5" lowering shocks if I got these!!

Last edited:
Well, my new self-designed Corbin Solo seat arrived yesterday.

I'm not 100% in love with the looks but Corbin did warn me that the configuration
tool was only for reference.

I should have gone with all-leather as the side panels are REALLY shiny (unlike their photos).

I was trying to match the Red stripes on the Roadster and this was the closest color in the tool. It's not exact but good enough and it looks decent on both bikes (to me - but did I mention I'm color blind).

It also came with a warning note not to place it on hard surfaces or on its end - the side panel material must be prone to wear :^( I don't take the seat off all that often but I'll have to use extra care it seems.

The "Chrome" piping is actually silver too...

I sprung for the matching backrest - it's larger than I thought it would be but looks comfy.

Not that I would, but I might have a hard time selling a custom one-off design like this. Something
to be aware of if you're considering this sort of style.

There's snow in my driveway and it's 18F with windchill so I'll have to post on its comfort in the Spring.

IMG_1461.JPG

IMG_1490.JPG
IMG_1465.JPG IMG_1493.JPG

IMG_1468.JPG IMG_1467.JPG

I think looks pretty good...

Well, my new self-designed Corbin Solo seat arrived yesterday.

I'm not 100% in love with the looks but Corbin did warn me that the configuration
tool was only for reference.

I should have gone with all-leather as the side panels are REALLY shiny (unlike their photos).

I was trying to match the Red stripes on the Roadster and this was the closest color in the tool. It's not exact but good enough and it looks decent on both bikes (to me - but did I mention I'm color blind).

It also came with a warning note not to place it on hard surfaces or on its end - the side panel material must be prone to wear :^( I don't take the seat off all that often but I'll have to use extra care it seems.

The "Chrome" piping is actually silver too...

I sprung for the matching backrest - it's larger than I thought it would be but looks comfy.

Not that I would, but I might have a hard time selling a custom one-off design like this. Something
to be aware of if you're considering this sort of style.

There's snow in my driveway and it's 18F with windchill so I'll have to post on its comfort in the Spring.

IMG_1461.JPG

IMG_1490.JPG
IMG_1465.JPG IMG_1493.JPG

IMG_1468.JPG IMG_1467.JPG
Comfort is awesome I just ordred that seat for a touring, I had to modify bracket at fuel tank. But love the seat, snake skin baby

Back