Free unrestricted maps for Rocket R GT and TFC now online

So I’m from Australia. There’s nowhere really legally you can go past 110-120kmh. I think there’s one road in the outback with no speed limit but I ain’t riding halfway across Australia to get there. I find more excitement going from 0-110 then I do from going fast. The debate of the rev limiter. I personally don’t see the point raising it to 7400. I think I’ve set mine at 7000. And the only times I’ve hit it, is when I’ve wanted to hit it to see what it does. I wouldn’t mind a bit more excitement in the down low, I’m not sure if that’s achievable or not. But so far I’m still happy with the Penner tune.
I have to agree with you on the 7400 redline, I'm feeling that I should be happy with what this map does; it's well worked and I've had my rocket up to 140MPH with it [and before] - then I say to myself "what am I doing" .... adrenaline can be a dangerous thing for us!! 🙃 the start to 100MPH is all I need and it's SO fun!!

Last edited:
Do you plan to keep these tunes available and free? I'd like to let the warranty run out on my bike before I start tinkering with the exhaust and tune.

Tried finding an answer in the thread but couldnt find anything.

Is the OBDLink LX/MX tools specifically required or will any OBD 2 bluetooth adapter work?

Tried finding an answer in the thread but couldnt find anything.

Is the OBDLink LX/MX tools specifically required or will any OBD 2 bluetooth adapter work?
There are very few compatible bluetooth adaptors. LX/MX are your safest best. There is a list on the TuneECU website I believe but some of the cheaper ones run the risk of being counterfeit. I'd recommend getting the OBDLink and not worrying about it. It's handy to have for your cars as well in case you need to pull/clear trouble codes or troubleshoot an issue.

I installed this map on my 2020 R3GT on Monday and definitely feel the difference - couple questions [I'm not a tuneecu pro] #1. with using that map, guess VIN doesn't make a difference or once connected to bike, tuneecu makes the adjustment for that - or it doesn't matter? #2. a friend had his done with DNK and now redline hits 7400 mine is just below 7k [I think] - would DNK make any difference for this map, or should I be content with what I have successfully installed? #3. How can I confirm that that map is on there, what should I look for that denotes the change when connected to tuneecu - THANKS!
I believe VIN matters but someone smarter than me to confirm. Reason i say it is I had a tune sent over from DNK a while back for my Thruxton 1200. She accidentally built it for a Thruxton 1200 R. No difference in engine or fueling, but the bike wouldn't start once installed. Quick fix on her end and the tune (now for a standard thruxton 1200) worked great.

So, i have installed Mr. Penners map, took the bike out on one of the local "raceways", first thoughts: Mother F***er, what is the matter with you, do you have no regard for human life what so ever?, if the grin on my face got any bigger the top of my head would have fallen off, then what? What a blast, the launch from stop isn't as abrupt as it was, and the whole things feels very linear in the way it delivers power, as your plowing through the gears, bike starts and runs smoother, 1rst 2nd and 3rd now run to a higher speed before hitting the rev limiter, all in all, YEA BABY, oh yea, the big bad V-ROD on the "raceway" who thought he was king sh!t of terd island, he had know idea what he went up against, he isn't so bad anymore, so far this season, 3-0 :p

So, i have installed Mr. Penners map, took the bike out on one of the local "raceways", first thoughts: Mother F***er, what is the matter with you, do you have no regard for human life what so ever?, if the grin on my face got any bigger the top of my head would have fallen off, then what? What a blast, the launch from stop isn't as abrupt as it was, and the whole things feels very linear in the way it delivers power, as your plowing through the gears, bike starts and runs smoother, 1rst 2nd and 3rd now run to a higher speed before hitting the rev limiter, all in all, YEA BABY, oh yea, the big bad V-ROD on the "raceway" who thought he was king sh!t of terd island, he had know idea what he went up against, he isn't so bad anymore, so far this season, 3-0 :p
have to agree with THIS response - felt pretty much the same way! Nice job on the vrod too brother!! ;):whitstling:

I sold a vrod for the Rocket. Oh boy!!! What a difference displacement makes. Oh and the tune. Just all grins. I feel sorry for my ****** rocket. This bike is so much more fun at legal speeds hahahahaha!!!

Thank you very much

Attachments

• hgfh.jpg
    hgfh.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 5
Back