Forward controls R3 GT

I'm 6' and found after long rides I, my butt hurts on the stock seat. Will be looking to upgrade. I have my controls at the mid-point, but haven't yet tried the other settings. One thing that happens for me is that my knees are not nestled in at the indentations on the tank. They are higher up so the tank pushes my legs out, making it feel a little awkward. At higher speeds my legs catch the wind easier and want to push outward. Not sure what would correct this for me.
It is exactly the same for me. I am 6'3'' and have recently got my forward controls shifted maximum to front. Still my kness are a tad above the knee slots on the tank but I fell much comfortable. I haven't done long rides yet after the change. Will have to see the comfort on a long ride. Seat is a little soft so after 50 km ride the bum does really ache. Am waiting for Seargent to come up with a custom for the GT. I love Seargent seats which I installed on my Kawasaki Ninja 1000 and it made hell lot of a difference like from 50 km to 250 km without a butt ache.

It is exactly the same for me. I am 6'3'' and have recently got my forward controls shifted maximum to front. Still my kness are a tad above the knee slots on the tank but I fell much comfortable. I haven't done long rides yet after the change. Will have to see the comfort on a long ride. Seat is a little soft so after 50 km ride the bum does really ache. Am waiting for Seargent to come up with a custom for the GT. I love Seargent seats which I installed on my Kawasaki Ninja 1000 and it made hell lot of a difference like from 50 km to 250 km without a butt ache.
I'll be buying a Corbin for next riding season!

Has anybody moved from older R3 like for example roadster to R3GT?
There is a lot of opinions of forward controls being " wierd" etc that you need to get used to them.
So my question is: how do they compare to the position on the roadster? Are they much more forward? How does your back responds to that. I'm 6'1 and after a while on the roadster I do suffer a bit. How do you feel after a while on a GT?
Thanks
Hi I'm riding the R 3 GT my issue or only issue is with the front feet pegs on the rear brake side are too short for my size 9s constantly touching the brake pedal-lever

Had a 2016 Roadster and went to the GT...i was a bit concerned too as i like to stand up and stretch ...fart...whatever....but i gotta say after about two days i loved having my feet forward a bit on the GT. You wont regret it as it makes for a real comfortable sitting position.

I have to modify my post from May. This seat to me after having it for 9 months is as comfortable as any I have ever had. Better than the Corbin on my 05 Rocket also. It might have been break in or I'm use to it but for my weight and sitting stance it is near perfect even though moving around is very limited it seems to my surprise work very well for me. Go figure.

Back