Forward controls R3 GT

Thanks! You are right about the seat, nearly impossible to shift around. I didn't realize the pegs on the GT can also move up and down. I thought only forwards or backwards. Good to know!
Nope, the GT "Forward Pegs" only move forward and backwards. The R "Mid Pegs" only move up and down.

Not doubting you but the dealer specifically told me they could be moved down if I didn't like the setup. Do I need to ride down to the dealer and put him in a arm bar for lying to me? Just to be sure the pegs are the "R" set up. I have mid pegs from the R not the standard GT pegs. Now I'm lost.

Not doubting you but the dealer specifically told me they could be moved down if I didn't like the setup. Do I need to ride down to the dealer and put him in a arm bar for lying to me? Just to be sure the pegs are the "R" set up. I have mid pegs from the R not the standard GT pegs. Now I'm lost.
The holes in the bike are horizontal to move the pegs front and back for the GT with the forward controls. On my GT I put them out to the farthest position to give me more leg room. On the R the holes are vertical to move them up and down. I think your dealer was confused between the R and the GT.

If you've got "R" pegs installed on your GT, then yes, you'd be able to move them vertically (but not forward/back). No arm bar required. Maybe a slap across his face with your riding glove though.

If you've got "R" pegs installed on your GT, then yes, you'd be able to move them vertically (but not forward/back). No arm bar required. Maybe a slap across his face with your riding glove though.
Has anyone written a tutorial/video on moving the footpegs or is it pretty much self explanatory? The manual says a dealer should do it, but i'm think its probably pretty easy.

Then there would be the hassle of a dual and walking paces and shots fired. Maybe a severe wedgie is in order.

I'm only 5' 8" and have moved the forward controls on my new GT to their most rearward position. I'm very comfortable and don't feel as though I need the mid control option.
Also, this is the very first time I've heard the forward controls are adjustable up and down. I know this is true of the mid controls on the R but I believe the statement that the forward controls on the GT are up and down adjustable is incorrect.

Back