For the thousandth time, tires

I wore a front Cobra out in less than a Metzler. Wore very one sided too.

Some of the cupping (and lesser extent white/tar line-ing) issues are (IMO) to do with the shoddy stock front suspension.

But when you ask 400kgs to go left when physics wants to throw it off to the right - and all that stops it is a bit of rubber friction: no surprise that any lubricant will hasten it relaxing grip.

I'll stick (literally) with the Bridgestone rear and the Scorcher front. Ran the Avon's front and back. First cold day realized had made a big mistake on tire choice. Plus had the same problem wore funny as #ell. Sometimes thinking outside the box is beneficial. Running this combination ain't bad. :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

After having the Cobras in the 140 size and the Michelin Commander II's in same size, I will say that in the very sharp twisties at the RAA East last week that the Mich Comm II is, if not quite equal to the Cobra in dry - It is superior on the wet roads under those conditions. I believe I will also end up getting longer life from the Mich than the Cobra. However the Mich is a little more expensive. Just my 2 cents

I''ll stick with the SCORCHER. Got Michelin II's on the Harley front and back. Good tires. For a Fatboy they work great. For the Rocket I'll take the Michelin Scorcher. One h3ll of a performance tire. No joke.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I’m curious enough to try the Scorcher 11 next when my front Avon is done.

Haven’t read good things about the Scorcher 31, but the 11 seems to get very positive reviews.

I''ll stick with the SCORCHER. Got Michelin II's on the Harley front and back. Good tires. For a Fatboy they work great. For the Rocket I'll take the Michelin Scorcher. One h3ll of a performance tire. No joke.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Let' see which one is faster in the twisties at Leakey this year: Your Scorcher or my Comm II................... ;) :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Your on. :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky: Been doing a bit of practice. Found the back brake a few months ago. Also kind of figured the Rocket can lean a bit more than the Harley.:inlove:inlove:inlove:inlove:inlove:inlove:inlove:inlove

Now this will be muck raking to a certain degree, but what are the main issues with the Metzler tyres? I bought my Rocket last June (2017) and it came with a new set of the aforementioned tyres. So far, no problems with either grip or handling. It also came with new Triumph aftermarket footrests, but both are now 'scuffed' and not in what could be described as pristine condition. To get a bike that weighs in at 700lbs or so and still scrape the crap out of the pegs..can't be all bad???

Back