For the thousandth time, tires

Rocket Scientist

Grand Exulted Poobah
Ride
Black 05' Rocket III standard
Remind me again what is the hot shot tire many of you are running on the front ? I believe it's an Avon Cobra radial. One size down from stock. Supposed to make the bike feel way lighter. Anybody got the number of this magical tire ?

Thanks mon ! I've been running a none radial Bridgestone on the front. It seems alright in the wet. Do you think the Avon is at least as good as that in the wet ?
Ah I ran one of them crap tires. The avon is better. If I was rwady for a frint I'd try the new bridgestone battlecruise H50 . They have a 140/75/r17 in a radial .

The Avon is bonkers in everything... except cold in my opinion.

The only times I've had it step sideways is in temps at or below 40f in the wet. In those conditions, of course, caution is prudent no matter what tires you've on the bike.

In warm weather, forget it, it will never let you down. It's a dual compound and grips like woah! I demand a LOT from my front tire as far as braking grip and cornering grip. It has so much grip, when warmed in warm weather, I had my back end sliding around running up on a corner the other day backing it in totally on accident as I setup for the corner. No rear brake, just crushing the front and gentle downshift and rear end was trying to become the front, Avon tire never flinched through the whole thing.

Any tire that can let me back in a Rocket.... <3

The other 140/75R17 of note are Michelin 'Commander' and Sonny's Michelin 'Scorcher' a Harley marketed tyre he is very fond of.

Earlier people tried the Pirelli 'Dragon' version and they are apparently not impressive at all.

Ah I ran one of them crap tires. The avon is better. If I was rwady for a frint I'd try the new bridgestone battlecruise H50 . They have a 140/75/r17 in a radial .
Au$232 a pop here.
Motorcycle Tyre Warehouse is Australia’s Largest Motorcycle Tyre Super Store offering the cheapest Tyre pair deals along with the Widest tyre range Stocking every brand available with over 3000 tyres Instore and even more Online. Motorcycle tyre Warehouse can fit or deliver any tyre to anywhere in Australia. We specialize in bringing the city deals and prices to even the most remote parts of the outback with just a few clicks. Motorcycle tyre Warehouse for all your tyre needs on & off road UTV and ATV. We also stock battery chargers as well as batteries and other brands like motobatt JT DID RK chain and Sprockets Kits in all sizes for all makes and models. Our Warehouse is in Brisbane and servicing Sydney Melbourne Adelaide Darwin Perth Canberra Hobart ACT New South Wales Victoria Western Australia Queensland South Australia Northern Territory Tasmania cheaper and better than Ebay or Gumtree trading post and delivering to your door Australia wide for all types of road, classic, Sport touring, vintage, Adventure, Dual Sport, cruiser, Harley Davidson motocross Race Slicks Dual compound, Used and second hand tyres, Puncture repairs scooters and lowest price for all kinds of two and four wheel Quad machines or ATVs and UTVs and buggys and Motorbikes, Brendale Brisbane Australia, contact Motorcycle Tyre Warehouse Free Call 1800 MC TYRES. Bridgestone Battlecruise H50 140/75R17 Front

0010575_bridgestone-battlecruise-h50-14075r17-front_300.jpeg
0010578_bridgestone-battlecruise-h50-14075r17-front.jpeg

Specially created by Bridgestone to give you maximum pleasure on your American V-Twin.

It’s a fact – all owners of an American V-Twin are totally in love with their machine. The way it rides, the way it looks, how it sounds, how it’s built…because when everything under you is working together, it’s a feeling like no other.

Bridgestone understands how you feel about your V-Twin. That’s why they've developed Battlecruise H50: a tyre designed with the single objective of giving you absolute pleasure from the moment you slip onto the saddle.

Bridgestone’s top two-wheel tyre technologies

Using the highest quality materials and Bridgestone’s advanced tyre development technologies, Battlecruise H50 lets you connect fully with the road, giving you smooth easy handling, great grip on wet and dry, and a long tread life.

To deliver on a promise as big as this, Bridgestone turned to its proprietary Ultimate-EYE (U-EYE) technology. U-EYE testing enables our engineers to see exactly how a tyre behaves in contact with the road, so that we can optimise the design.

Specifically U-EYE gives us a very detailed picture of the contact patch, where rubber meets road, and the resulting pressure distribution at various speeds, loads and slip angles on wet and dry.

Battlecruise H50 is only the second motorcycle tyre to benefit from U-EYE (Battlax Hypersport S21 was the first).

Higher cornering power

With H50 on the front, your heavy V-Twin needs only a light touch through the corners.

Thanks to U-EYE, Battlecruise H50 puts a larger contact patch on the tarmac and creates more uniform contact-pressure distribution, for easier handling and more precise cornering.

Bridgestone track testing shows that the force acting on the handlebar with Battlecruise H50 is much lower than with comparable tyres.

Long lasting

V-Twin riders can also lay down the kilometres with H50; Bridgestone's goal is to give you a tyre with a much longer wear life than other big-name brands.

To achieve this high mileage Bridgestone enlarged the crown profile of the rear tyre and developed a new tread compound.

And while you are eating up the kilometres on those long trips, you can enjoy the sumptuous vibration damping and shock absorption of the H50, achieved by optimising the vertical stiffness of the front tyre, for a smooth easy ride.

Bridgestone have a new matching rear as well. Anybody tried it yet?

Bridgestone Battlecruise H50 240/40R18 Rear
240/40-18 (79V) (TL)
Au$316.95 here in Oz
Motorcycle Tyre Warehouse is Australia’s Largest Motorcycle Tyre Super Store offering the cheapest Tyre pair deals along with the Widest tyre range Stocking every brand available with over 3000 tyres Instore and even more Online. Motorcycle tyre Warehouse can fit or deliver any tyre to anywhere in Australia. We specialize in bringing the city deals and prices to even the most remote parts of the outback with just a few clicks. Motorcycle tyre Warehouse for all your tyre needs on & off road UTV and ATV. We also stock battery chargers as well as batteries and other brands like motobatt JT DID RK chain and Sprockets Kits in all sizes for all makes and models. Our Warehouse is in Brisbane and servicing Sydney Melbourne Adelaide Darwin Perth Canberra Hobart ACT New South Wales Victoria Western Australia Queensland South Australia Northern Territory Tasmania cheaper and better than Ebay or Gumtree trading post and delivering to your door Australia wide for all types of road, classic, Sport touring, vintage, Adventure, Dual Sport, cruiser, Harley Davidson motocross Race Slicks Dual compound, Used and second hand tyres, Puncture repairs scooters and lowest price for all kinds of two and four wheel Quad machines or ATVs and UTVs and buggys and Motorbikes, Brendale Brisbane Australia, contact Motorcycle Tyre Warehouse Free Call 1800 MC TYRES. Bridgestone Battlecruise H50 240/40R18 Rear

0010556_bridgestone-battlecruise-h50-24040r18-rear_300.jpeg
0010559_bridgestone-battlecruise-h50-24040r18-rear.jpeg

Specially created by Bridgestone to give you maximum pleasure on your American V-Twin.
It’s a fact – all owners of an American V-Twin are totally in love with their machine. The way it rides, the way it looks, how it sounds, how it’s built…because when everything under you is working together, it’s a feeling like no other.

Bridgestone understands how you feel about your V-Twin. That’s why they've developed Battlecruise H50: a tyre designed with the single objective of giving you absolute pleasure from the moment you slip onto the saddle.

Bridgestone’s top two-wheel tyre technologies

Using the highest quality materials and Bridgestone’s advanced tyre development technologies, Battlecruise H50 lets you connect fully with the road, giving you smooth easy handling, great grip on wet and dry, and a long tread life.

To deliver on a promise as big as this, Bridgestone turned to its proprietary Ultimate-EYE (U-EYE) technology. U-EYE testing enables our engineers to see exactly how a tyre behaves in contact with the road, so that we can optimise the design.

Specifically U-EYE gives us a very detailed picture of the contact patch, where rubber meets road, and the resulting pressure distribution at various speeds, loads and slip angles on wet and dry.

Battlecruise H50 is only the second motorcycle tyre to benefit from U-EYE (Battlax Hypersport S21 was the first).

Higher cornering power

With H50 on the front, your heavy V-Twin needs only a light touch through the corners.

Thanks to U-EYE, Battlecruise H50 puts a larger contact patch on the tarmac and creates more uniform contact-pressure distribution, for easier handling and more precise cornering.

Bridgestone track testing shows that the force acting on the handlebar with Battlecruise H50 is much lower than with comparable tyres.

Long lasting

V-Twin riders can also lay down the kilometres with H50; Bridgestone's goal is to give you a tyre with a much longer wear life than other big-name brands.

To achieve this high mileage Bridgestone enlarged the crown profile of the rear tyre and developed a new tread compound.

And while you are eating up the kilometres on those long trips, you can enjoy the sumptuous vibration damping and shock absorption of the H50, achieved by optimising the vertical stiffness of the front tyre, for a smooth easy ride.

Back