For the thousandth time, tires

Curious about what that all means I went and measured the angle of initial touch down of the foot pegs, with the help of the missus, with my bike vertical and me on it.

Little geometry 37.7 degrees.

Now, fold the pegs up and the next thing to touch on my bike is the engine crash bars, yielding hard part grinding at 47.2 degrees.

This is all static of course and suspension loading will make the angles a bit smaller, but, it should illuminate WHY some of us prioritize grip over anything else, the R3 CAN achieve some very significant lean angles, numbers far far beyond any V-Twin cruiser, closer to sport touring bikes than any other class... if you dare push that hard (I don’t trust my tires enough to go that deep in a corner, instead I just move more body weight inboard).
Well I've only really folded the pegs riding 2up. It seems the passenger had too much of a grip to allow me to really shift my weight like I would riding alone.

Whats the back brake for? Scrub a little speed with the front brake, barely - Use your gearing - shift more

Back brake is for keeping the front end from diving until/if you want it to. Gear changes can cause rear tire slip if going too fast.

I'll see you in Leaky. By far not the best in the twisty's but have improved a bit. Still have plenty of time to practice some more.;););););););)

Back