Ride
'06 R3
Has anyone looked at the new Eagle GT tire? Any opinions?? Seems like the best reviews from you guys so far is for the Eagle F1 but I want to look around at whats out there before I commit to the Darkside.....

Thanks guys..I know the F1 has the awsome tread pattern and has the very highest performance rating....plus the stiffer sidewall construction on both sides of the tire....Duh,,,,no wonder the favorite!!!

I rate the Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R as the best performance car tire I've used. The Goodyear F1 comes next. Like idk said, that GT tire tread is not symmetric around the centerline. This can make the tire favor a certain direction so I wouldn't use it.

The RE-01R is a pricey tire but you get what you pay for when it comes to traction. It sticks like a mofo in every application and is the tire I rode out west to Tahoe. It doesn't slip even when I'm running corners at sport bike paces. The only problem with the RE-01R is the largest size you can get for the stock 16" rim is 225. I use an 18" rim so I have a 245.

Ha! So I'm not daft. I was wondering if the RE-01R's neutral handling was my imagination or maybe even my front tire or carbon fiber rims.

A fuller eval of the RE-01R is here:

Hey Greg...Tai and the rest... thanks for the info...Greg you must have googled this area to have that info re the Geysers...but the temps in this basin are like Texas temps...we might be 50 miles from the coast but it's easily 25 degress hotter here...So when it's 65 degrees on the coast it's 95 here on the lake...when it's 95 in Sacramento it's 105 here...lots of skimpy bikinis though....any opinions on Cooper tires?...american made you know.....

Back