Fly screen vs Sports screen...

Solid color fly screen or clear sports screen???

• Total voters
Anyone know of anyone that may have a black one for sale? Cost with the mounting kit is a bit prohibitive

Are you after just a black fly screen (without the fittings) ? If so .. where in the world are you ? Maybe PM me as I may miss your response ;)

Hmm, all above comments provide food for thought. Just a newbie having picked up my r3r this morning. No screen at all and I found that anything much above 75-80 ( honest officer :whitstling: ) I can feel the pressure on my chest. I think the bigger 'touring' screen is hideous and not in keeping with the look of the roadster. Certainly leaning towards a the sports screen, not too fussed over opaque or clear but wondered if there are any alternative makes that are recommended and available in the UK?
FYI
I'm just under 6' and 85kg. Helmet is a shoei that is from their wind tunnel tested design and is superb in a straight line without a screen. Just want to go a little faster without having to hang on for grim death. My old Beemer ( 2004 R1200GS) had a great screen that worked brilliantly, anything like that would be great.
Trawling the internet for ideas already.;)

Hmm, all above comments provide food for thought. Just a newbie having picked up my r3r this morning. No screen at all and I found that anything much above 75-80 ( honest officer :whitstling: ) I can feel the pressure on my chest. I think the bigger 'touring' screen is hideous and not in keeping with the look of the roadster. Certainly leaning towards a the sports screen, not too fussed over opaque or clear but wondered if there are any alternative makes that are recommended and available in the UK?
FYI
I'm just under 6' and 85kg. Helmet is a shoei that is from their wind tunnel tested design and is superb in a straight line without a screen. Just want to go a little faster without having to hang on for grim death. My old Beemer ( 2004 R1200GS) had a great screen that worked brilliantly, anything like that would be great.
Trawling the internet for ideas already.;)
Maybe you should get on to one of the other UK riders and see if you can arrange a short term loan of a Fly screen, I have a Triumph Clear Fly Screen and it is on there most of the time I change to the Touring Screen (came free with the bike) when going on extended trips purely for the added weather protection. The fly screen keep the pressure of your chest and I find does not cause any more or less turbulence around my head than going without a screen at all, Oh and I am just on 6 ft tall

They actually make them for other small screens (sports bikes) so it is possible it may even be an Idea you could forward to them to see if they are interested

Back