Fly screen vs Sports screen...

Solid color fly screen or clear sports screen???

• Total voters

Buck Mossie

Man of the People
Ride
2007 Carpenterized Classic
I am thinking of adding a small screen to my Rocket III... It is a jet black 2006... Any preference / advantage / disadvantage, to the solid color fly screen vs the clear sports screen... Other than the color they look identical...

S/F

B

They are identical .. some blokes love them some don't , I'm in the latter group as I found it caused a fair bit of helmet noise with the half faced helmet I wear. Be ok with a fullface I'd imagine.

I have recently put one on my bike and think its great.
Keeps a lot of wind off my chest. I imagine some blokes not too tall in stature might find themselves in the buffering zone :p
I went with the clear only because it was part of a deal but when looking at the bike you can hardly notice it which I think is positive as well.

If you're much over 6 feet tall, they can give you quite a neck workout. I'm about 6'3" and it hits the top-front of my helmet enough to be almost not worth using.

MarvinM

Just found it really noisy with the helmet I wear .. not willing to give up the helmet ;) Wearing a full face it was fine like I said. I'd rather just whack the big screen on for longer rides.

Last edited:
Although I'm still open to hearing advantages of the sports screen... I am really leaning towards a jet black fly screen... What do they fetch on the lightly used market???

S/F

B

I took off the clear Roadster screen and put on the flyscreen for the first time yesterday. I love the way it looks! It changed the whole appearance of the bike for the better.
On the down side I definitely felt the difference in buffeting over the full screen, but I like the look of the bike so much its a small price to pay in my opinion.

Back