Fatality on Devil's Whip (NC)

Well here in New Zealand you have to get in the other lane as most of the roads out here are single lanes and you will never get past anything.

Yes always watch out for cars but in my many many many years of riding I have seen far more motorbikes than cars crossing the centre divider. :eek:

Interesting, because in my (four many's) :p years of riding tis not even close - what I have seen is at least 20 cages to each motor over the center line.
All I wanted to point out is that cage drivers frequently cut left hand curves, especially in the twisties.
So be very aware (particularly when hooning) of that when selecting your line through a right hand curve! :D :inlove

All I wanted to point out is that cage drivers frequently cut left hand curves, especially in the twisties.
Right Handers in the UK etc!. - It is a big issue here esp at commuting times. Not even a 25 year old LandRover with BrushBar scares them.

One thing A LOT of bikers also forget. Your head can be well over the line even though the wheels are not. It then 100% YOUR FAULT.

I try to avoid the center line not only because of oncoming traffic, but the painted lines always seem to be slick. That unexpected shift while leaned over gives a serious pucker effect. :confused:
.......and the pavement may be uneven. My wife hit a pot hole in the midline one day up into the curvy roads of KY and busted a front wheel. Of course I had to tell her that if she had not crossed the line we would not be needing to come back up with a trailer and and tow that home and buy a new wheel.:mad:

.......and the pavement may be uneven. My wife hit a pot hole in the midline one day up into the curvy roads of KY and busted a front wheel. Of course I had to tell her that if she had not crossed the line we would not be needing to come back up with a trailer and and tow that home and buy a new wheel.:mad:
On the bright side, she didn't get hurt. Equipment can be replaced.

On the bright side, she didn't get hurt. Equipment can be replaced.
Yes sir. She had the presence of mind to immediately hit the TPMS and see the pressure drop like a rock and get over off the road before the handling was deadly. Many disasters can be prevented with a little more brain function.;) So much for us bro.:p

Yes sir. She had the presence of mind to immediately hit the TPMS and see the pressure drop like a rock and get over off the road before the handling was deadly. Many disasters can be prevented with a little more brain function.;) So much for us bro.:p
Yep I'd have been a goner.

Ride within yourself....if you cant keep up, let em go....there is no humiliation....

Tell me about it, being The Group expert at that. Blind right handers with a rocky ditch scare me more. During the Stearns RAA somehow I ended on the right side white twice. Staring back to the riders in front saved me. Over the center... just once in one of the Devils Triangle cork screw hair pins, in 1st gear :eek:

Back