Fatality on Devil's Whip (NC)

Where is that road ?

Hamilton Pool Road in Dripping Springs, TX. Coming at it from the east the right hand curve is blind and has a huge drop in elevation. If you don't know the road, you're moving too fast and get out of sorts on the curve just in time to enter the hairpin.

Google Maps

HPR.JPG

** This is a must-ride road if you're in the area. One of the best in the Texas Hill Country. Link to a video my club put together a few years ago (pre-Rocket for me). Curve in topic is at :20

Hamilton Pool Road in Dripping Springs, TX. Coming at it from the east the right hand curve is blind and has a huge drop in elevation. If you don't know the road, you're moving too fast and get out of sorts on the curve just in time to enter the hairpin.

Google Maps

HPR.JPG

** This is a must-ride road if you're in the area. One of the best in the Texas Hill Country. Link to a video my club put together a few years ago (pre-Rocket for me). Curve in topic is at :20

Awesome UAV footage. Nicely done. Gotta get out there with mine.

I'm enjoying and learning from all the analysis. When it's all said and done that is the slowest wreck of that kind that I've ever seen. I am seriously glad that no one was injured, of course.

Hanging tight on the inside of a corner greatly reduces your view of what's around that corner. If his intention was to let faster riders pass there, encouraging them to do so in a corner is a bad bad decision. Maybe the video is not able to fully do it justice, but that curve looks many others in our neck of the woods. Come visit! Awesomely shot video, btw!

Back