Falling on it's face

loaded the tune for off-road exhaust, cat removed, full power and speedo corrected. 20050-2 I think it was. Did not fix my hesitation. Going to the dealer tomorrow to see what they come up with.

So far I am very disappointed with the diagnostic capabilities of tuneboy, The sensor readings on the computer screen respond very slowly.

wilbur-t said:
loaded the tune for off-road exhaust, cat removed, full power and speedo corrected. 20050-2 I think it was. Did not fix my hesitation. Going to the dealer tomorrow to see what they come up with.

So far I am very disappointed with the diagnostic capabilities of tuneboy, The sensor readings on the computer screen respond very slowly.
You've been assuming that your drilled out mufflers are the same as the TORs. What if they're not? I have the TOR's and cat bypass. I had the bike dynoed with 20050_2 and then 20054. The main difference was an extra 6 ft lbs. of max torque at 2300-2700 rpm with the 20050_2. I rode home with the 20054 and then reloaded 20050_2. It was very difficult to feel the difference for parially closed secondaries (20054). A big advantage with my version of the 20050_2, which I posted, is that I enriched the L tables to reduce popping on decel.

Since you have the same hesitation problem with 20054 and 20050_2, the problem should be either that your mufflers don't match either of these tunes or that your electonics, possibly the ECU, aren't working right.

Did your bike do the same thing before you punched out the mufflers?

It didn't start to hesitate untill a week after the cat was removed and pcm re-tuned. I'm going to let the dealer smoke it over tomorrow, then I'll experiment with a different tune if I need to. I drilled 4 5/8" holes through both sets of baffles in each silencer, then put in a 2 ft long 1/2" bit and reamed the hell out of the packing. I'm not sure how that relates to tor's, but I love the sound.

By the way, I think my arms are about an inch longer from the test runs I've done with the tuneboy tune. This thing screams at wot now!

Finally Fixed

Yeah baby!, A new primary tps fixed my problem. The boys at Myers worked on the thing two hours before they took my advice and tried the tps. They kept saying "It checks ok." Finally I talked them into trying one and it ran like a top. I've seen too many sensors that checked good cause problems. I think most scan tools aren't fast enough to pick up a small glitch. If they could have made a recording and played it back they might have caught it, but who knows?

Now I just have to find my optimum tune. The Triumph boys wouldn't work on mine till they loaded a stock tune back in. Boy did it feel weak after the tune boy tune.

Back